Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to play music on Google Home from my Spotify app on my Pixel 3 the app is unable to connect to any of my Google Home devices. I select a device in my available device, then it just says "connecting" forever. This issue started last week.

I already tried the following:

- rebooting my router

- deleting/reinstalling the app

- deleting my cache

- disconnect/reconnect my Spotify account to my Google Home

It's still not working. Does someone know how to fix this? Thanks!!

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Issues Connecting to Google Home

user-removed
Not applicable
Can you try a different device?

Here are the steps for reference: https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/spotify-on-google-home/

Hope it helps! Let me know if it works.
Highlighted

Greg111
Regular

Same here with two different phones - since today. It went well for a few weeks, but suddenly stopped working a few hours ago. Both apps (Spotify, Google Home) weren't updated.

One can hear the "connect sound" but nothing happens, Spotify just can't establish the connection to Chromecast.

It still works well with other apps, radio, etc.... 

Highlighted

Xenomorph80
Casual Listener

I'm having a similar issue.  Can't connect to any of my devices - Denon Receiver, Google Home Mini, nVidia Shield.

The Spotify app is detecting them and showing them as options, but none will connect when I select them. 

I'm running Spotify app on a Google Pixel 2.

It was working a few weeks ago with no problems. 

Screenshot_20191204-232656.png
Highlighted

mikew_nt
Regular

Same issue.  Some songs will connect, about 50% will not.  I've reported this in through customer service.

Highlighted

Xenomorph80
Casual Listener

After yesterday's update to the Spotify app I'm able to connect to devices again , however it's very buggy and as stated above, some songs simply won't play while others will. 

Highlighted

Gabrielle_D
Casual Listener

Same here. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone yesterday. Now it seems to be working better.

Highlighted

mikew_nt
Regular

Install and reinstall used to fix it for me in the past, but has not this time.  I cannot Cast probably 50% of the songs I try.

Highlighted

frap_gadz
Regular

Just wanted to say both me and my wife now have this issue on two android 9 phones running app version 8.5.33.831 phones are a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and a Moto G6. 

The Google home device makes the sound that it has connected and you can control the volume from the phone but the Spotify app says "connecting" continuously. 

Highlighted

belloni55
Visitor

I have had this same issue for months now, I've done everything imaginable, Spotify is absolutely useless at home now, please provide a fix.

SUGGESTED POSTS