Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with web player

Issues with web player

So, to keep it simple, the spotify web player will not work on any of my computers. The last time it worked, I paused it on November, a song by Tyler the creator. Now, the web player will not play at all. It just stays. I have a screenshot attacthced shwoing what it looks like. please help.

Screenshot 2017-10-19 at 5.18.46 PM.png
6 Replies

Hey @champion12800

Could you try opening the web player on two of your computers, and then in one of them clicking on this computer-like icon (Spotify Connect) and choosing the web player of the other machine?

This trick can be done using mobile client too, or different browsers in one computer.

This may help too:

1. Log to your account (web player)

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue as the original poster, and using your suggestions, neither has worked. I cleared my cache and cookies, and that has not helped either. 

Alright, let's try this:

If you have Spotify on mobile* or a desktop client on computer, open it and play something in it. Then click on 'connect to a device' in the app and it should route the playback to the web player.
Hard refresh (ctrl+F5) could help too at this point.

* Except on Windows Phone. This app doesn't have that feature.

You can also try opening the web player in browser's 'safe mode' - on Firefox click on Help and choose 'reboot with addons disabled'. (if you want to get back to normal, follow the same path)

This is to rule out the possibility of an unfriendly extension.
Chrome doesn't have such an option, so Incognito could be sufficient here.

Other things that could interfere are firewall (sometimes antivirus apps have own firewalls too, such as Avast), antivirus apps themselves and VPN.

I highly doubt hosts file is the culprit, this would cause an error message.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Hello,
So to give you more information, I attempted to play music on Spotify on a different computer on a different internet connection and was still having the same issue, with the same Home Depot add showing up in the banner at the bottom. 
Using the computer where I first noticed the problem, I attempted your suggestion of using the Incognito mode of Google Chrome. I have included screen shots. The first is a regular Chrome Tab, the second is an incognito tab. As you can see the Home Depot ad is still present in both. 

* Edited with attachments

Non Icognito.png
Incognito.png

@browerrj1

Thank you for giving information. 🙂

It's a known issue and currently being investigated. Any updates on it will be posted right there.

Hopefully it'll be solved soon!

If you have more questions, I'm here for you 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hi I tried those things and it still isn't working. 

here is a screenshot. It has been stuck on this song even though when I click on other things it says they are recently played. As you will notice the play button also stays gray and it doesn't work either. Neither do skip or shuffle.

Screenshot 2017-12-07 at 6.04.18 PM.png

Suggested posts