Announcements

JRE Data Issue

Highlighted

JRE Data Issue

Visitor

Today I was listening to the JRE podcast for the first time on Spotify, I downloaded the podcast to my phone so i wouldn't use data but after I got home from an hour of driving I had a notification that my data was capped out for the month. During the drive my phone must have used about 5 gb of data while I made sure it was downloaded before I drove. I'm sure the problem is that only the audio is being downloaded but the video isn't so its streaming it over data. I guess the obvious fix would be to make it so the video is only streaming once your in the app.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: JRE Data Issue

Casual Listener

Today I tried to listen to the podcast while driving home myself. I 'just' put it on; and i've experienced a very high data usage throughout as well. I haven't downloaded the podcast, but even when the screen was turned off, it kept a high data usage. When i've got the screen turned off I expect the podcast to only broadcast audio to my car stereo and not keep on downloading the video. I have a limited data plan; and I don't want my data to be wasted at the first week of listening to the JRE...

Spotify please fix this!

Highlighted

Regular
Same thing is still happening to me, have you heard anything from Spotify?
Highlighted

Regular

Not a word. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Exactly the same from Spotify. They have not come back on this at all.
SUGGESTED POSTS