Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

I None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/

Country 

United States of America 

Devices

iphone 11 max, Amazon echo, Amazon fire-stick, LG C9 TV

My Question or Issue

Joe rogan is the biggest podcast on earth and you still haven’t fixed the “No video” playing problem. On all devices the podcast will play including my LG C9 tv Spotify app, but only does the iPhone 11 max Spotify app show video playing. Even when I try streaming from the actual app while the video is playing the video part won’t stream, I’ve tried on my fire stick and echo as well. It’s obviously being blocked and in the help section moderators are giving answers that the problem is solved. His videos get millions of views on other platforms so they are watching the video. This is mind boggling a company with your resources can’t fix this. It works on my iPhone so why doesn’t it work on every other device possible? That means it’s a Spotify problem. Please fix it. 

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend
Hey everyone,

We've been continuously monitoring feedback and are working on bringing podcast video playback on new devices. Here's an update for you.

Your voice has been heard and you can currently enjoy video playback on the big screen via:
You can click on the hyperlinked ideas for more info.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, continue voting for those or submitting new ones in our Idea Exchange. Below you'll find a few related ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:
If you're still experiencing issues with any devices that now support Video playback, first and foremost, please reinstall the Spotify app on the device, if there's a native one, and/or clear their cache. Feel free to open a new thread in our help section if you still have any difficulties afterwards.

Cheers!
76 Replies

I second this. I have no issues watching him on YouTube until the end of the year but currently cannot see video on my fire tv with spotify. Will this be fixed by the time he's off youtube!? 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Video should be available for the JRE episodes on desktop and mobile, could you let us know if you’re still having trouble with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

Keep in mind that we currently don't support this functionality through Chromecast or when using Spotify Connect. This would explain why you're having trouble viewing the video content of a podcast when casting to a TV.

If this is something that you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to support this idea. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

We hope you'll find this clarification useful and we’ll be here for you if there's anything else you'd like to ask.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Video should be available for the JRE episodes on desktop and mobile, could you let us know if you’re still having trouble with this?

So if I'm reading between the lines you are saying I can't watch JRE video on the tv!? That's just crazy. It's still not working on Amazons fire tv through the spotify app. 

How about JRE podcast from counties other than US and Europe.
Still no JRE podcasts at all in Russia.
When they will become available?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@Mscholik, that's correct. Currently you won't be able to see the video from podcasts when casting to a TV via Chromecast or the Amazon Fire-TV stick, since the video feature is quite new and still in development stages. 

@DEHiCKA, Spotify was released just recently in your region and there is some content which is still not available for streaming due to licensing issues. Our teams are doing their best in order to make the full library available for streaming everywhere, but we can't say when or if this is going to happen. What we suggest is enabling automatic updates on the app, this way you'll always get the newest content and features as soon as they are rolled out.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Spotify is amazing.

Ok JRE does not work on Chrome. No video or audio.

Spotify is terrible for podcasts. I posted this a couple of times and kept getting an error.

So I posted 'Spotify is amazing'. Post went straight through.

Hey there @gpred,

Thank you for your post. 

It's expected behavior that you can't play video on Chrome. If you think the availability to play videos on Chrome will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You should be able to hear audio. Can you try with a private/incognito window to see if the issue persists? 

It can also be good to try with another internet connection.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nothing is fixed at ALL!! We have to be able to watch the video version of the JRE on the Spotify app via Smart TV or Chromecast please. This is not like a small thing this is a major issue. Gotta do better Spotify this is not cool at all. I’ve watched the JRE for years on YouTube using my Smart TV and now you only provide audio wth? Can you not do better than this?

I have watched JRE on my LG TV via youtube for years. I have the spotify app for my LG TV but it does not support video. Please fix ASAP! In the mean time I will be consuming other shows on youtube instead of my favorite show JRE.

Chromecast is semi working now, but there's a gray overlay present which is horrible. Also LG TV app is not playing any video at all regardless of using connect functionality, please add decent support for TV's or allow rogan to continue posting to YouTube until you get your stuff together, because this ruins his show for me and I've been watching for quite a long time. I'm also noticing worse audio (up to the point where I had to increase my volume by about 16 steps more than when using YouTube to make his guest understandable) and I am missing subtitles

Right!? What a joke. Their biggest star is gonna lose so many viewers...100 mill and they can't do some work on their app for firestick n chrome I mean....what a joke. I feel bad for joe, this is truly doing him dirty.

No, it's your job to protect you're star player, joe rogan. 100 million and no one's gonna listen because we watch...on tv...via firestick or chrome or smart tv. The fact you didn't already have this worked out in you're app proves the incompetence of spotify...that or you just don't want people to listen....time will tell which it is. 

Right! Lol.... Flagrant 2 just becamey number 1 option. Feel bad for joe spotify is doing him mad dirty.

Yea, video doesn't work on the Amazon Firestick either. I only use firestick and apple tv.  Will these be supported?  That is why youtube is easy the app works on all the services.

You should of had this ready for launch. Too many people use fire stick to not have it work.
podcasts are audio yea... but honestly they were youtube shows... with most watching video through different platforms.

Let me attempt translate.. Spotify's native app on tv via spectrum or roku does not today and does not ever plan to support video of JRE. Is that what your saying? 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're currently running some tests with regard to streaming options for podcast videos. Keep in mind that it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

We recommend that you keep an eye on our Newsroom. We'll keep you informed on any developments there as soon as there are any. It's also a good idea to keep the app updated so you can make use of all new features, as soon as they're made available.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Are you kidding? Did you just say "if you think it will be a good idea??" literally millions of people watch rogan podcasts on their TV's. Most people have smart TV's now and they watch rogan on YouTube because then you can see his guests, see the content he's pulling up and discussing. How does Spotify not know this? A lot of those people who watch his podcasts on their TV's (millions) will now change to watch something else instead. People don't want to watch the video content on their desktop at home, they want to put it on their smart tv. I think you're trying to pretend this isn't a big issue but it's a massive one and one I assume you're scrambling to fix. If you aren't then 1 week into exclusivity and you're already messing up the biggest podcast in the world. 

Suggested posts