Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

I None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/

Country 

United States of America 

Devices

iphone 11 max, Amazon echo, Amazon fire-stick, LG C9 TV

My Question or Issue

Joe rogan is the biggest podcast on earth and you still haven’t fixed the “No video” playing problem. On all devices the podcast will play including my LG C9 tv Spotify app, but only does the iPhone 11 max Spotify app show video playing. Even when I try streaming from the actual app while the video is playing the video part won’t stream, I’ve tried on my fire stick and echo as well. It’s obviously being blocked and in the help section moderators are giving answers that the problem is solved. His videos get millions of views on other platforms so they are watching the video. This is mind boggling a company with your resources can’t fix this. It works on my iPhone so why doesn’t it work on every other device possible? That means it’s a Spotify problem. Please fix it. 

76 Replies

Please allow Joe Rogan Experience to be available on YouTube until you fix the Spotify app for smart TVs. Then you can take as long as you want. Until then I will watching different shows on YouTube and I am seriously debating cancelling my Spotify premium subscription that I’ve had since it was available in the US. 

"Jamie, pull that up..."

Wait, what? I can't see anything!

As I'm sure has been mentioned repeatedly....

I can no longer watch Joe Rogan on my TV. Both Samsung and FireTVstick apps play audio only. Seriously guys..? $100m deal to get the exclusive rights and you can't even get the TV app ready, despite having several months.

Please fix this asap.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Really have to step your game up and support video on every device! Can’t watch on Xbox either 

I agree 100% and video also needs to be available on the Apple TV Spotify app.  Spotify signed a great deal with JRE but they are ill prepared to support his fan base.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to see the Joe Rogan podcast video on Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That it doesn't work on chrome is expected behaviour? How bizarre. I'd suggest you get some new software engineers if that is expected behaviour?

Even more bizarre, is that you think it should be up to me whether or not it is a good idea for JRE to work on Chrome. It's not even an idea, just an expected and essential requirement of any video streaming service.

If you can't see that, I'm not sure what we are doing here. Ultimately your suggestion/support is patronising, generic and insulting and it would be better in terms of real customer service if you had said nothing all than this apathetic nonsense.

They fixed it on the nvidia shield, finally

Embarrassing, Spotify. I’m embarrassed for you guys. 

Finally decided to give Joe Rogan's podcast a try on Spotify. Booted up Spotify on my Android TV (Xiaomi Mi 4 with Android 9). Updated Spotify app to make sure I have the latest version. Start podcast -- no video. Is this a joke? I was able to watch Joe Rogan's video on my TV using the YouTube app last week. Joe, do something about this, how else will see your meat head? No one is going to watch a 3-5 hour podcast on a mobile phone.

This is ridiculous, I can't get the video to play anywhere except my phone. I'll listen to only the audio if I'm working or something but I usually like to watch on my smart TV. So I tried watching JRE on spotify for the first time last night just to discover that there was no video on my Roku TV. Neither audio or video are even working on the spotify desktop app. The only place I've been able to get both the audio and video to play is on my phone. And I'm not trying to watch it on that. I assumed that the video would work on all devices as soon as JRE went exclusive on spotify, because that's just what's to be expected from streaming services in 2020. Especially when it's a huge company that paid 100M for JRE. I see customer support has been useless in every thread I've looked at for this problem. And like someone else said, their responses have been patronizing and a bit rude. I'm a little in disbelief that this is the kind of service spotify is providing for the biggest podcast out there.

For anyone interested in an actual workaround. If you use an android device for your TV streaming. You can install from the play store or side load an app like parsec. Then you can stream a desktop or laptop display to a TV and just use the Spotify desktop app for video. It's certainly not perfect but it gets video to my TVs again. 

Spoiler
Still Not fixed

How do you not have JRE video available for TV? YouTube goes down and there's no replacement for it? I can watch it on my phone, but its pretty blue-collar to not have it available for TV. Weak sausage. Zero stars for Spotify.

... Weak sauce.  How do you not have the most watched podcast available for viewing on the TV? SMH

I've uninstalled the app twice now, installed it via link from the website, and installed from the MS app store. I made sure there were no folders left in appdata or anywhere before installing, it doesn't matter what I do JRE videos WILL NOT PLAY on my PC whatsoever. Yet regular podcasts play just fine!

1. Video plays for me in a desktop browser. Seems to be the only way I can get it on my TV. Not elegant, but it works. 

Hey @MTwine,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you try running the app as an administrator. If the issue persists, you can install the app in Safe mode.

If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to try on another device. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Ver, 

Thanks for taking the time to look into this thread! I was wondering if you could provide us with some insight as to when support for video will arrive on the LG TV Spotify app.

Thanks in advance! 

@Ver

Thank you for ignoring all the other members with serious issues viewing JRE on ANY smart TV, and focusing your talent on the simplest fix in this thread. 🙄...  Since you skipped 5 pages of problems, our main issue here is everyone that's trying to view JRE on a smart TV or Chromecast, the video does not work, we only have audio... as you can image its quite useless having a 65" tv to use as a speaker. 

Thanks

Derek

Same here can't watch video.  Can't find a single device I own where I can watch video except for my phone.  Cancerous move from Youtube so far.

I usually drink my morning coffee and and watch Joe Rogan on my TV. I can't do this anymore. I find it hard to believe that a big corporation like Spotify didn't already have a plan for this. When can we expect to able to watch Rogan again on our smart TV's and game consoles?

Suggested posts