Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

I None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/

Country 

United States of America 

Devices

iphone 11 max, Amazon echo, Amazon fire-stick, LG C9 TV

My Question or Issue

Joe rogan is the biggest podcast on earth and you still haven’t fixed the “No video” playing problem. On all devices the podcast will play including my LG C9 tv Spotify app, but only does the iPhone 11 max Spotify app show video playing. Even when I try streaming from the actual app while the video is playing the video part won’t stream, I’ve tried on my fire stick and echo as well. It’s obviously being blocked and in the help section moderators are giving answers that the problem is solved. His videos get millions of views on other platforms so they are watching the video. This is mind boggling a company with your resources can’t fix this. It works on my iPhone so why doesn’t it work on every other device possible? That means it’s a Spotify problem. Please fix it. 

76 Replies

I have the same problem. Cannot play JRE on any device, with any connection, with or without VPN, on any browser...

Super annoying!

The fact that Spotify apparently did not even consider having the JRE videos of the podcast ready to go on 12/1 is unconscionable and insulting to a huge portion of his audience.

I bet they will charge extra to watch it.

Seriously, this is an absolute JOKE that Spotify makes JRE content exclusive and now acts like its big news...."we hear you loud and clear and are working on it".  So thanks for admitting your management has zero forethought to do this ahead of time, particularly for previous paying customers.  You could not be getting it more wrong.  If I am driving or jogging, I dont want the video sucking my data or battery.  Yet, I cant get the video on a big screen to view ON the SPOTIFY app.  The format should not matter, Roku, Fire Stick etc - it should be viewable thru the Spotify app on any medium.  And, be able to be turned off on the mobile app for the afore mentioned reason.   

Yeah I can't believe this. Someone already said just about everything I wanted to say about spotify's response to this, thanks lol. But I have a lot more to say, so why are they asking us to submit ideas??? I have a roku tv and you're saying I have to use chromecast which you're still working on setting up? Is this a 3rd world company I mean I've never seen anything like this level of incompetence. Especially with that $100mil invested in this. It makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure they still have some episodes missing from Spotify too. It's also a bit more difficult to search for episodes on spotify than youtube. In 2020 how hard is it for a $21 billion dollar company to get video streaming set up across all platforms? The exclusivity deal was signed months ago so it's very strange that they didn't have this ready to go at the start of December. Also not sure why I can't watch episodes while on my vpn despite everything else playing. It says "this video is not available in your current location". If I start the video off the vpn and then reconnect to the vpn the video continues playing though. Strange.

I'd like to have a search function within the JRE page, so my search results would only be for JRE episodes, instead of also bringing up a bunch of music and other podcasts that can make it hard to find episodes. It also appears that we can't see the number of views on episodes. And I miss having the option to like/dislike and comment. That has saved me from wasting time on some bad episodes in the past. I also feel like the comments add a little bit of a community aspect, as long as people aren't being toxic.

So I haven't been able to enjoy JRE in the living room like I used to, and with it only working on my phone I just haven't been watching. Once I can get it working on PC I'll plug my laptop into the tv to watch I guess, but it's very disappointing to have the music service I've subscribed to for most of the last 5-6 years make my favorite podcast exclusive and then make it so I can't watch it like I used to. I wonder how many views he's getting now since most of us can't watch anymore, but I guess there's no way to see views anymore. Please address all these issues spotify. Maybe we can get #SpotifyFixJREvids trending on Twitter lol.

I am not surprised.  Have you really assessed their mobile interface?  It's a joke.  My kid could develop a more intuitive interface.  A simple "video on / off" slider bar for the mobile video should take all of about 5 minutes to cut in.  I love it when I am in the middle of an episode and Spotify just randomly picks up on a new, random one the next time I start Spotify.   

I changed to Spotify for the sole purpose of building up my album collection digitally and being able to listen to full albums.  Try listening to a song and  then trying to navigate to the full album....oh, I mean "discography".  200 clicks later, oh there it is.  It's pretty clear Spotify has inept leadership.

Hey spotify...

Save yourself the trouble of asking MILLIONS of users to "vote" on what platforms and devices JRE listeners want video available...

WE WANT AUDIO AND VIDEO AVAILABLE ON ALL OF THEM. 

So basically this big Joe Rogan money grab was a huge lie to his devoted audience. "You can watch new episodes on Spotify" means the video should've been up and running last month. I smell class action lawsuit.

Let me answer myself. In defense of Spotify, they have indeed added support for some more smart TV environments. Also, they have not promised they WILL support all environments in future because there are probably MANY platforms with some parent apps being more hostile than others. I have noticed Spotify does often respond to requests. Anyone remember the abysmal spotify search syntax? And amazingly they have NOT closed this thread. Thread closing or pointing off to a lame final-answer/circumvention is a software vendors way of saying "not worth our effort so go away". Be patient. I think they will fix it. Meanwhile cast from phone to TV via wi-fi then orientate landscape then tap lower left to remove controls and plug in charger. 

Well said Spotify employee. Your bosses will be proud.

Spotify is the worst, how can you not make sure the video option was working MONTHS ago?? Surprised Rogan hasn't insisted on allowing the video podcast to continue on YouTube until you "rocket scientists" figure out how to make your app work properly...ridiculous!

Thats ridiculous. JOE, Apple or Google or Amazon should give you 200 million to go back to normal. Take the deal and rip up spotifys contract.

LoL y'all all been played,  even rogaine got played . Well not joe, cause he got paid but now ..his entire podcast will be long gone. A historical catalog of what use to be . The people in high places wanted him gone so they paid out and made it happen and he's now gone in youtube and spotify lol if you people can't see this then no hope for you . Spotify has been a joke for about 2 years since that time they completely changed there app and made it so no one could see there own playlist was the nail in the coffin and now that they did this well I hope you have a happy new years and accept that rogan is over with and we are now in a new age of darkness not just cause rogaine is out but just cause everything going on .  It's a dim tunnel and things is getting darker  

That company is systemically woke. There is no other explanation for Spotify getting Rogan months and millions of dollars ago. 

Spotify is systemically woke. There is no other explanation for Spotify getting Rogan months and millions of dollars ago and them not having a smart TV app that supports video. This about more than the desire of the majority. Spotify is catering to the will of a minority of people that make a lot of noise. Helluva way to run a business. 

I'm trying to watch the latest full episodes of Joe Rogan Experience. When you see clips on youtube, for example Jordan Burroughs, at the end Joe says to go to Spotify to watch the whole video for free. So I go there and there is only a few clips.

What is going on? I'm doing this on my laptop, there shouldn't be the problem that people with smart Tvs are complaining about. I'm computer literate, but I'm not tinkering around with this for hours. I'm just going to tell people, "Yeah I used to watch JRE, but I don't anymore because it's on Spotify and their staff don't like him, so you can't watch it anymore".

Agree. Same problem here. Trying to watch Joe Rogan on roku Spotify app and the video doesn't work. Simply unacceptable that Spotify doesn't have this functionality considering it is the norm for viewing Joe Rogans podcast coming from YouTube. 

It’s kind of ridiculous we are almost halfway into January and this still isn’t fixed. Bet you’re not getting the same views on Spotify that YouTube used to get. I’ve barely watched since the switch because I can’t stream it to my tv anymore, which is clearly the preferred method of viewing for many others. I’m not confining myself to my tiny phone screen or on my laptop. This isn’t practical. Was your goal to pay Rogan and essentially “de-platform” him? Because I can’t imagine he’s getting as much exposure as he used to get. Please fix unless the answer to that question is yes.  

It's obvious that Spotify is pandering to a few, loud people and not paid subscribers. Complain directly to Joe:
https://www.joerogan.com/contact

Can you give any details on when you expect this to be fixed? I don’t understand how the ball can be dropped this hard. You’re ignoring a huge part of the audience that streams to tv. Basically looking for alternative shows to stream at this point and watching old episodes on YouTube. I figured when this deal was done, Spotify was looking to take market share in streaming video. This is our generations talk show and you took away a huge part of what makes it great. I like listening to podcast but JRE is a much better experience via steaming  on a tv. Not really sure why but it’s just not the same with the audio and don’t want to watch on phone or laptop. Please fix this, the shows too important to lose part of the audience  because you can’t figure it out or cut a deal with roku or whatever is holding this up. 

Suggested posts