Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Agree. Same problem here. Trying to watch Joe Rogan on roku Spotify app and the video doesn't work. Simply unacceptable that Spotify doesn't have this functionality considering it is the norm for viewing Joe Rogans podcast coming from YouTube. 

Visitor

It’s kind of ridiculous we are almost halfway into January and this still isn’t fixed. Bet you’re not getting the same views on Spotify that YouTube used to get. I’ve barely watched since the switch because I can’t stream it to my tv anymore, which is clearly the preferred method of viewing for many others. I’m not confining myself to my tiny phone screen or on my laptop. This isn’t practical. Was your goal to pay Rogan and essentially “de-platform” him? Because I can’t imagine he’s getting as much exposure as he used to get. Please fix unless the answer to that question is yes.  

Roadie

It's obvious that Spotify is pandering to a few, loud people and not paid subscribers. Complain directly to Joe:
https://www.joerogan.com/contact

The bafoons at spotify have ruined another artists work. Rest in peace JRE

Casual Listener

You **bleep**ing goons. I’m starting a go fund me to get jre out of this hellhole prison

Roadie

Post the go fund me. The thing that pisses me off is the [word burqa] behind this will probably be praised. [word burqa] you, Mr. Spotify. Go [word burqa] yourself not-so-gently with a chainsaw. 

[spits on ground]

Visitor

Can you give any details on when you expect this to be fixed? I don’t understand how the ball can be dropped this hard. You’re ignoring a huge part of the audience that streams to tv. Basically looking for alternative shows to stream at this point and watching old episodes on YouTube. I figured when this deal was done, Spotify was looking to take market share in streaming video. This is our generations talk show and you took away a huge part of what makes it great. I like listening to podcast but JRE is a much better experience via steaming  on a tv. Not really sure why but it’s just not the same with the audio and don’t want to watch on phone or laptop. Please fix this, the shows too important to lose part of the audience  because you can’t figure it out or cut a deal with roku or whatever is holding this up. 

Visitor

@Mihail - Any update on when the team is going to have this issue resolved? Would have thought if your licensing JRE video, one of the first things that should have been developed was a global interface that allowed your customers to view everything they used to on YouTube... js. 

Casual Listener

Regular

Everyone Please write a complaint to Joe Rogan himself.  Hopefully his manager gets enough of these complaints that Joe will bring this up on his podcast. 

https://www.joerogan.com/contact.

File the complaint on the "Sponsorship and Other Inquiries" side. 

SUGGESTED POSTS