Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

Joe rogan podcast video still not available on all platforms

I None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/

Country 

United States of America 

Devices

iphone 11 max, Amazon echo, Amazon fire-stick, LG C9 TV

My Question or Issue

Joe rogan is the biggest podcast on earth and you still haven’t fixed the “No video” playing problem. On all devices the podcast will play including my LG C9 tv Spotify app, but only does the iPhone 11 max Spotify app show video playing. Even when I try streaming from the actual app while the video is playing the video part won’t stream, I’ve tried on my fire stick and echo as well. It’s obviously being blocked and in the help section moderators are giving answers that the problem is solved. His videos get millions of views on other platforms so they are watching the video. This is mind boggling a company with your resources can’t fix this. It works on my iPhone so why doesn’t it work on every other device possible? That means it’s a Spotify problem. Please fix it. 

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend
Hey everyone,

We've been continuously monitoring feedback and are working on bringing podcast video playback on new devices. Here's an update for you.

Your voice has been heard and you can currently enjoy video playback on the big screen via:
You can click on the hyperlinked ideas for more info.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, continue voting for those or submitting new ones in our Idea Exchange. Below you'll find a few related ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:
If you're still experiencing issues with any devices that now support Video playback, first and foremost, please reinstall the Spotify app on the device, if there's a native one, and/or clear their cache. Feel free to open a new thread in our help section if you still have any difficulties afterwards.

Cheers!
76 Replies

@Mihail - Any update on when the team is going to have this issue resolved? Would have thought if your licensing JRE video, one of the first things that should have been developed was a global interface that allowed your customers to view everything they used to on YouTube... js. 

You need to make episode videos available on all of your streaming platforms, not just mobile and desktop, this is a joke. Spotify, right out of the gate, is already WORSE than the other streaming services that carried the JRE. I downloaded (the free version of) Spotify specifically for Rogan's show - I would NEVER pay for such a sub-par offering. You need people to *vote* to get you guys to consider adding video? This is Busch League performance.

Guys, this thread can die...rogan full epis back on YT. Now let me go select the fire hydrants and post this...

Where?? All I see are the stupid clips, not full episodes

there are only clips on youtube as of today but no full episodes, I believe
that Spotify wants to diminish Joes podcasts viewership, not sure why...I
hope Joe is seeing this assault on his podcasts...I loved watching the full
episodes with NO advertising. Get your act together Spotify and let the
community know when it will be corrected.

This means nothing. Release them on YouTube!!

1/26/2021 still not fixed. Not acceptable for JRE to only be available on a mobile phone or desktop... if it can't be fixed then maybe it's time to work on rolling out an entirely new spotify app. There are millions of subscribers fed up with what seems to be a lack of urgency to fix this issue and lack of comprehension of how important this podcast is to subscribers.

Spotify,

You really need to resolve this issue!

The fact that the accessibility is limited on different platforms is unfair. Especially when we are all paying the same amount for the service, am I wrong?

I will message joe rogan on Instagram and Twitter until I get his attention, since apparently he will be the only one that can resolve this issue.

I mean, who cares what your contributing clientele says, right? It’s just a popularity contest.  

Agreed

Fix the video issue and make audio only an option. This has been too long now and we are all angry

This sucks almost end of feb 2021 and I am unable to watch this on my TV!! wth you are arrogant and lack the talent to get this right

Still not working on Firestick. Any plans on fixing?

I have had similar issues, the audio will play on my Roku TV, but there are still no video options. Pretty sad, used to love watching the JRE. Also, even after logging in, it seems that Spotify has disabled likes on comments. Not a good look Spotify.

Rogan with video WORKS with Amazon Firestick 4K and Nvidia Shield!  Can 100% confirm as I've been happily catching up on all the shows.  It's been working for at least the past two weeks.

However DOES NOT work on Roku Ultra.

Good for you and 4K too. Didn't need 4K with YouTube.  Spotify sucks!

The video quality is horrible. Your server is useless adjusting the streaming quality. I was drawing on my computer with 500MB/s broadband and when I want to see what Joe has to show us about MMA rules the screen looks like the image below.
I don't understand why a £14 a month for this service looks like a CD video from the 90's.
Fix this please, your service isn't cheap. A button to set the streaming quality? We are paying for quality. Or give him back to youtube. We can see the podcast  at least in 1080p there.
Kindly,
Ákos Nemes

i'm about to cancel my spotify over this. I've all but given up seeing rogen anymore.

Don't believe me? fine. don't care? fine. i'll watch tim pool or something else, i can get my music a million other places or go back to mp3s. idk. i canceled all forms of HBO for this kind of screwing over GoT. enjoy whatever it is your doing, i dont want either now.

Hey everyone,

We've been continuously monitoring feedback and are working on bringing podcast video playback on new devices. Here's an update for you.

Your voice has been heard and you can currently enjoy video playback on the big screen via:
You can click on the hyperlinked ideas for more info.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, continue voting for those or submitting new ones in our Idea Exchange. Below you'll find a few related ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:
If you're still experiencing issues with any devices that now support Video playback, first and foremost, please reinstall the Spotify app on the device, if there's a native one, and/or clear their cache. Feel free to open a new thread in our help section if you still have any difficulties afterwards.

Cheers!
Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts