Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Casual Listener
I have watched JRE on my LG TV via youtube for years. I have the spotify app for my LG TV but it does not support video. Please fix ASAP! In the mean time I will be consuming other shows on youtube instead of my favorite show JRE.

Regular

Chromecast is semi working now, but there's a gray overlay present which is horrible. Also LG TV app is not playing any video at all regardless of using connect functionality, please add decent support for TV's or allow rogan to continue posting to YouTube until you get your stuff together, because this ruins his show for me and I've been watching for quite a long time. I'm also noticing worse audio (up to the point where I had to increase my volume by about 16 steps more than when using YouTube to make his guest understandable) and I am missing subtitles

Music Fan
What a **bleep**ing joke. I feel bad for joe he's gonna loose millions of views daily for this. What a damn shame. I watch I don't listen ...and I damn sure am not using my phone or tablet for 3 hrs a day. What a joke

Music Fan

Right!? What a joke. Their biggest star is gonna lose so many viewers...100 mill and they can't do some work on their app for firestick n chrome I mean....what a joke. I feel bad for joe, this is truly doing him dirty.

Music Fan

No, it's your job to protect you're star player, joe rogan. 100 million and no one's gonna listen because we watch...on tv...via firestick or chrome or smart tv. The fact you didn't already have this worked out in you're app proves the incompetence of spotify...that or you just don't want people to listen....time will tell which it is. 

Music Fan
Right! Lol.... Flagrant 2 just becamey number 1 option. Feel bad for joe spotify is doing him mad dirty.

Casual Listener

Yea, video doesn't work on the Amazon Firestick either. I only use firestick and apple tv.  Will these be supported?  That is why youtube is easy the app works on all the services.

Casual Listener
You should of had this ready for launch. Too many people use fire stick to not have it work.
podcasts are audio yea... but honestly they were youtube shows... with most watching video through different platforms.

Casual Listener

Let me attempt translate.. Spotify's native app on tv via spectrum or roku does not today and does not ever plan to support video of JRE. Is that what your saying? 

Casual Listener

So is there any plans for video on the firestick or chromecast platform at all? Honestly it's a joke that these where not ready in time. You guys certainly had the time and money to have video ready for two of the biggest platforms used on tvs **bleep** the firesticks are running Android this is not that **bleep**ing hard if it works in one app already. YouTube may have sucked with ads but at least I could watch on my dam TV.

SUGGESTED POSTS