Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're currently running some tests with regard to streaming options for podcast videos. Keep in mind that it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

We recommend that you keep an eye on our Newsroom. We'll keep you informed on any developments there as soon as there are any. It's also a good idea to keep the app updated so you can make use of all new features, as soon as they're made available.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Casual Listener

Are you kidding? Did you just say "if you think it will be a good idea??" literally millions of people watch rogan podcasts on their TV's. Most people have smart TV's now and they watch rogan on YouTube because then you can see his guests, see the content he's pulling up and discussing. How does Spotify not know this? A lot of those people who watch his podcasts on their TV's (millions) will now change to watch something else instead. People don't want to watch the video content on their desktop at home, they want to put it on their smart tv. I think you're trying to pretend this isn't a big issue but it's a massive one and one I assume you're scrambling to fix. If you aren't then 1 week into exclusivity and you're already messing up the biggest podcast in the world. 

Casual Listener

Please allow Joe Rogan Experience to be available on YouTube until you fix the Spotify app for smart TVs. Then you can take as long as you want. Until then I will watching different shows on YouTube and I am seriously debating cancelling my Spotify premium subscription that I’ve had since it was available in the US. 

Roadie

"Jamie, pull that up..."

Wait, what? I can't see anything!

As I'm sure has been mentioned repeatedly....

I can no longer watch Joe Rogan on my TV. Both Samsung and FireTVstick apps play audio only. Seriously guys..? $100m deal to get the exclusive rights and you can't even get the TV app ready, despite having several months.

Please fix this asap.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Visitor

Really have to step your game up and support video on every device! Can’t watch on Xbox either 

Visitor

I agree 100% and video also needs to be available on the Apple TV Spotify app.  Spotify signed a great deal with JRE but they are ill prepared to support his fan base.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to see the Joe Rogan podcast video on Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Casual Listener
Are you joking Jeremy? "Always testing new things"? You didn't need to test
anything to know that millions of people watch rogan on their smart tvs.
You only needed half a brain to know that. Typical big corporate, takes
over something people love and messes it up because they have no concern
about what the viewer wants, so long as they have exclusivity. I'm no
longer watching any rogan because I can't on my smart tv and I am quite
sure I'm not the only one. Stop making half-baked excuses and just say you
will fix this mistake asap, because that is what it is, a huge mistake on
Spotify's part.

Music Fan
Right on! Hit the nail on the head. I also am not watching any rogan until it is fixed....aside from clips on youtube which are such a tease, but it is what it is.

Regular

Not sure if I'm the only one here but viewing the JRE video on my phone or tablets is kind of useless lol. most of us listen to the audio that way and want the video on our TV.  

I can't view any of the Joe Rogan Podcast on any of my Smart Tv's.  The audio works but its not the same experience when there's no video.  I like to watch the videos on my days off or a slow day at work.... and specially on a TV, you want the video... 

I was using YouTube but now his full episodes aren't there, this seems quite counter productive. Is Spotify aware that all smart tv's can't view the video stream ?  I bought an account just to view the JRE and since I can't, I have no reason to continue my subscription.   

Thanks

Derek

SUGGESTED POSTS