Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Casual Listener

You gotta be kidding me. You guys are acting like Rogan accidentally started streaming his podcast using your platform. The podcast is useless if we're not able to watch it via Smart TV. The only time when I use my phone/tablet to watch something, is when I either want to **bleep** off or take a dump. Fix this! 

Casual Listener

That it doesn't work on chrome is expected behaviour? How bizarre. I'd suggest you get some new software engineers if that is expected behaviour?

Even more bizarre, is that you think it should be up to me whether or not it is a good idea for JRE to work on Chrome. It's not even an idea, just an expected and essential requirement of any video streaming service.

If you can't see that, I'm not sure what we are doing here. Ultimately your suggestion/support is patronising, generic and insulting and it would be better in terms of real customer service if you had said nothing all than this apathetic nonsense.

Music Fan
Hahahaha word**bleep**! Appreciate you

Music Fan
Right? Real talk! I am so glad I'm not the only one more than furious at spotify. Almost as if they thought we'd be upset with joe lol. You're generic patronizing insulting remarks are spot on! Multi billion dollar company looking like a fortune 50 **bleep** hole. Not a good look lol. Still respect joe as he deserves, but spotify...yeah not signing up for 10 bucks a month...not by a long shot.

Visitor

They fixed it on the nvidia shield, finally

Casual Listener

Embarrassing, Spotify. I’m embarrassed for you guys. 

Visitor

Finally decided to give Joe Rogan's podcast a try on Spotify. Booted up Spotify on my Android TV (Xiaomi Mi 4 with Android 9). Updated Spotify app to make sure I have the latest version. Start podcast -- no video. Is this a joke? I was able to watch Joe Rogan's video on my TV using the YouTube app last week. Joe, do something about this, how else will see your meat head? No one is going to watch a 3-5 hour podcast on a mobile phone.

Casual Listener
This is ridiculous, I can't get the video to play anywhere except my phone. I'll listen to only the audio if I'm working or something but I usually like to watch on my smart TV. So I tried watching JRE on spotify for the first time last night just to discover that there was no video on my Roku TV. Neither audio or video are even working on the spotify desktop app. The only place I've been able to get both the audio and video to play is on my phone. And I'm not trying to watch it on that. I assumed that the video would work on all devices as soon as JRE went exclusive on spotify, because that's just what's to be expected from streaming services in 2020. Especially when it's a huge company that paid 100M for JRE. I see customer support has been useless in every thread I've looked at for this problem. And like someone else said, their responses have been patronizing and a bit rude. I'm a little in disbelief that this is the kind of service spotify is providing for the biggest podcast out there.

Casual Listener

For anyone interested in an actual workaround. If you use an android device for your TV streaming. You can install from the play store or side load an app like parsec. Then you can stream a desktop or laptop display to a TV and just use the Spotify desktop app for video. It's certainly not perfect but it gets video to my TVs again. 

Casual Listener
Spoiler
Still Not fixed

How do you not have JRE video available for TV? YouTube goes down and there's no replacement for it? I can watch it on my phone, but its pretty blue-collar to not have it available for TV. Weak sausage. Zero stars for Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS