Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Casual Listener

... Weak sauce.  How do you not have the most watched podcast available for viewing on the TV? SMH

I've uninstalled the app twice now, installed it via link from the website, and installed from the MS app store. I made sure there were no folders left in appdata or anywhere before installing, it doesn't matter what I do JRE videos WILL NOT PLAY on my PC whatsoever. Yet regular podcasts play just fine!

Visitor
  1. Video plays for me in a desktop browser. Seems to be the only way I can get it on my TV. Not elegant, but it works. 

Hey @MTwine,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you try running the app as an administrator. If the issue persists, you can install the app in Safe mode.

If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to try on another device. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular

Hi @Ver, 

Thanks for taking the time to look into this thread! I was wondering if you could provide us with some insight as to when support for video will arrive on the LG TV Spotify app.

Thanks in advance! 

Regular

@Ver

Thank you for ignoring all the other members with serious issues viewing JRE on ANY smart TV, and focusing your talent on the simplest fix in this thread. 🙄...  Since you skipped 5 pages of problems, our main issue here is everyone that's trying to view JRE on a smart TV or Chromecast, the video does not work, we only have audio... as you can image its quite useless having a 65" tv to use as a speaker. 

Thanks

Derek

Music Fan
A 65 inch speaker!! **bleep**! That's exactly what they're doing hahaha. I don't get the point of the app they have for tvs, as you just pointed out...you're so right it's so offensive to offer an app that turns your expensive ass tv into a speaker. Woooow.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Visitor

Wow -I thought it was just me - 35 years working hands-on in technology and I cannot get JRE videos after the switch to Spotify -I was really embarrassed because I figured (1) no way was Rogan going to switch to a “channel” that couldn’t deliver to his base (I was wrong) and (2) video podcasts are “old tech” and a tech company that’s been around as long as Spotify surely can deliver on this old tech. Turns out I was wrong on both accounts. 

I guess I’ll have to stop watching JRE - I mean, I really don’t have another option at this point. wth? I mean really wth?

Visitor

Same here can't watch video.  Can't find a single device I own where I can watch video except for my phone.  Cancerous move from Youtube so far.

SUGGESTED POSTS