Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Casual Listener
same here 😞

Visitor
The fact that Spotify apparently did not even consider having the JRE videos of the podcast ready to go on 12/1 is unconscionable and insulting to a huge portion of his audience.

Regular

I bet they will charge extra to watch it.

Regular

I love how Spotify still hasn't addressed this issue or actually admitted that they f'ed up.

I would imagine there's hundreds of thousands of people that are **bleep** they can't watch the podcast anymore ? 

I personally haven't watched any new episodes since they took them off YouTube. I'm sure JRE's losing a substantial amount of views ??  

Lucky there's still great podcasts on YouTube to watch. 

good work Spotify for ruining a good thing! 

Casual Listener

Seriously, this is an absolute JOKE that Spotify makes JRE content exclusive and now acts like its big news...."we hear you loud and clear and are working on it".  So thanks for admitting your management has zero forethought to do this ahead of time, particularly for previous paying customers.  You could not be getting it more wrong.  If I am driving or jogging, I dont want the video sucking my data or battery.  Yet, I cant get the video on a big screen to view ON the SPOTIFY app.  The format should not matter, Roku, Fire Stick etc - it should be viewable thru the Spotify app on any medium.  And, be able to be turned off on the mobile app for the afore mentioned reason.   

Casual Listener

Yeah I can't believe this. Someone already said just about everything I wanted to say about spotify's response to this, thanks lol. But I have a lot more to say, so why are they asking us to submit ideas??? I have a roku tv and you're saying I have to use chromecast which you're still working on setting up? Is this a 3rd world company I mean I've never seen anything like this level of incompetence. Especially with that $100mil invested in this. It makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure they still have some episodes missing from Spotify too. It's also a bit more difficult to search for episodes on spotify than youtube. In 2020 how hard is it for a $21 billion dollar company to get video streaming set up across all platforms? The exclusivity deal was signed months ago so it's very strange that they didn't have this ready to go at the start of December. Also not sure why I can't watch episodes while on my vpn despite everything else playing. It says "this video is not available in your current location". If I start the video off the vpn and then reconnect to the vpn the video continues playing though. Strange.

I'd like to have a search function within the JRE page, so my search results would only be for JRE episodes, instead of also bringing up a bunch of music and other podcasts that can make it hard to find episodes. It also appears that we can't see the number of views on episodes. And I miss having the option to like/dislike and comment. That has saved me from wasting time on some bad episodes in the past. I also feel like the comments add a little bit of a community aspect, as long as people aren't being toxic.

So I haven't been able to enjoy JRE in the living room like I used to, and with it only working on my phone I just haven't been watching. Once I can get it working on PC I'll plug my laptop into the tv to watch I guess, but it's very disappointing to have the music service I've subscribed to for most of the last 5-6 years make my favorite podcast exclusive and then make it so I can't watch it like I used to. I wonder how many views he's getting now since most of us can't watch anymore, but I guess there's no way to see views anymore. Please address all these issues spotify. Maybe we can get #SpotifyFixJREvids trending on Twitter lol.

Casual Listener

I am not surprised.  Have you really assessed their mobile interface?  It's a joke.  My kid could develop a more intuitive interface.  A simple "video on / off" slider bar for the mobile video should take all of about 5 minutes to cut in.  I love it when I am in the middle of an episode and Spotify just randomly picks up on a new, random one the next time I start Spotify.   

I changed to Spotify for the sole purpose of building up my album collection digitally and being able to listen to full albums.  Try listening to a song and  then trying to navigate to the full album....oh, I mean "discography".  200 clicks later, oh there it is.  It's pretty clear Spotify has inept leadership.

Casual Listener

Hey spotify...

Save yourself the trouble of asking MILLIONS of users to "vote" on what platforms and devices JRE listeners want video available...

WE WANT AUDIO AND VIDEO AVAILABLE ON ALL OF THEM. 

Visitor

Amen. You make an investment of this size and aren't prepared at launch? Maybe the green haired wokesters that work for spotify should have spent their time building the infrastructure instead of bitching about the biggest podcast in the world coming to their platform. Those peeps are actually worse than worthless. Can em and get some appreciative employees in there or this is going to fail.

Casual Listener

This is embarrassing. . So so so embarrassing, Spotify. I once used to watch all of these episodes. That was fun. It was one of the only consistent things to look forward to during this pandemic. It’s astounding that I can’t watch this podcast anymore. Unbelievable. It makes a feller wonder, was this done intentionally? Please, put on your tin foil hat and join me. Did Spotify seriously just acquire the biggest podcast in the world and allow their employees to sabotage it? Neat.

SUGGESTED POSTS