Announcements

Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Ver
Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. We appreciate your feedback and your passion for this feature!

Your voice has been heard and we’re currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs.

If you'd like to see video playback on other big screen devices as well, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, where you can either vote for an existing idea or submit your own. Below you'll find a few ideas we think you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE and comments to show your support:

With that said, in case you are experiencing issues with either Cast or Android TV app playback, it'd be great to first follow the steps in this support article and should the issue persist, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Spotify version
  • TV make and model
  • Chromecast OS version (if applicable)
  • Phone make and model
  • Exact nature of the issue (audio or video stopping, stuttering, etc.)
  • Does the issue happens on all podcasts with video?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

Re: Joe rogan podcast video still not fixed

Casual Listener

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Spotify. Now, when I go upstairs to my bedroom and turn on JRE I don't get to watch the video on my tv but I get to enjoy the full effects of 3 hour burn in. You've outdone yourselves and you should all be congratulated. Can really tell you've put a lot of thought into this. Job well done. 

How could Spotify waste all these months and not get video streaming running in time? Did you guys not even try to think if you might actually lose money with all the servers and infrastructure you need to support this? 😂

Also, why is it that when I play it on my Spotify Premium I get like several minutes of ads — are you now trying to cover the costs at our expense?

All this sounds like a ripe class action lawsuit opportunity.

Casual Listener
So basically this big Joe Rogan money grab was a huge lie to his devoted audience. "You can watch new episodes on Spotify" means the video should've been up and running last month. I smell class action lawsuit.

Casual Listener

Let me answer myself. In defense of Spotify, they have indeed added support for some more smart TV environments. Also, they have not promised they WILL support all environments in future because there are probably MANY platforms with some parent apps being more hostile than others. I have noticed Spotify does often respond to requests. Anyone remember the abysmal spotify search syntax? And amazingly they have NOT closed this thread. Thread closing or pointing off to a lame final-answer/circumvention is a software vendors way of saying "not worth our effort so go away". Be patient. I think they will fix it. Meanwhile cast from phone to TV via wi-fi then orientate landscape then tap lower left to remove controls and plug in charger. 

Casual Listener
Well said Spotify employee. Your bosses will be proud.

Casual Listener

I find it humorous that Spotify pays to have this "idea" format that every moron on the internet can submit an idea that Spotify has to pay to keep on a server, pay employees to rummage thru etc.  And then, they let the **bleep** vote on what Spotify will implement LOL.  What a joke on their leadership.  Hey Spotify - when you have real leadership, you assemble a team of smart people and develop things better than every moron on the internet's great idea.  

But the joke is really on us.  Rogan did screw his fanbase on this.  If he was aware of this and cared, he would be talking openly about trying to get Spotify to fix it.  

Why am I paying premium to listen to ads?????  wth.  Ads now in the beginning and then ads mixed in the middle of the podcast (draft kings, audi).  Never had these before.  Another chitty move for the fans.  Atleast they are now putting the JRE clips on the old PowerfulJRE channel.  Rogan should tell them F you, we're putting them on YT still until you get this fixed.  The fact that isnt happening speaks to the fans once again getting **bleep**.

It's also very amusing that Spotify pays to maintain this page for people to rag them here on thier own site.  More idioticy.  Spotify sucks.  

Casual Listener

Just bumping the thread. Youtube app on my PS4 works perfectly for watching VIDEOS. It's like these dorks never actually watched JRE before purchasing it. Spotify is not a podcast-friendly platform. 

Casual Listener

1 week ago on my upstairs computer with Windows 10, I was able to watch 1 JRE episode with video then it crashed and never worked again. I can click on any song in Spotify and it plays....... Now I cannot even get JRE Audio or Video....BUT every song I play is fine. I haven't watched any JRE for 3 weeks now and am getting to the point that I care less and less as the broken state of everything just puts me in a foul mood. Are we sure we didn't get some 0's wrong in the amount of the deal with Rogan? Maybe its like a 100K contract or something...... so long JRE.

Casual Listener

Fix ur **bleep**bleep** please.  This is pathetic.

Casual Listener
Spotify is the worst, how can you not make sure the video option was working MONTHS ago?? Surprised Rogan hasn't insisted on allowing the video podcast to continue on YouTube until you "rocket scientists" figure out how to make your app work properly...ridiculous!
SUGGESTED POSTS