Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[KEF LSX][Connect] Why the sound is going to 0 progressively while playing on wifi KEF LSX?

[KEF LSX][Connect] Why the sound is going to 0 progressively while playing on wifi KEF LSX?

I have a problem with the latest Spotify version. Playing from windows desktop or iOS or Android on my wifi KEF LSX speakers,  the problem is alaways the same, after few minutes the volume starts to dicrease till 0. And if I start to put the volume up in a few second it will be back a lower volume.

Because of that I cannot use my audio system anymore and that's pretty bad.

So if you have any solution or you can apply any correction that would be great. 

4 Replies

I have the same problem, but I don't think it is spotify per sé. Same problem with Tidal

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, since you mentioned that it happens on multiple devices with different OS, and with other apps as well, we recommend contacting the manufacturer so they can further look into this and add a fix in a future firmware.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I had the exact same problem (March 2021). KEF estimates it will be approximately $500 to fix (about 50,000 yen-- I'm in Japan). They claim that this is the first time they've seen the problem. I dare not buy a KEF product again. 

Good luck. 

Here is their exact quote: 

The expected repair costs are as follows.

〇 Expected repair costs

Replacement parts: Master amplifier board ¥ 28,000 (consumption tax
will be charged separately)

Technical fee: ¥ 15,000 (consumption tax will be charged separately)

The above subtotal ¥ 43,000-
price including consumption tax ¥ 47,300-

Separately, the following shipping and handling fees will be charged.

Shipping cost: Depends on your residence
Cash on delivery fee ・ ・ ・ ¥ 600

Since the above is the expected repair cost, the payment amount
may change depending on the repair contents after inspection.

〇 Regarding the delivery date of repairs

If there are no repair parts in Japan, it may take about 2 months to deliver.

〇Cancellation after inspection at the service center

If the product arrives and the repair is canceled after inspection, an inspection fee of ¥ 5,000 (consumption tax will be charged separately) will be charged.

Same problem - very very annoying.  Is there a solution yet?

Suggested posts