Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Keeps Freezing

Re: Keeps Freezing

aysyilmz
Regular

I should be using the latest version, I reinstalled it a few days ago because of the problem. None of my programs freeze or crash and I don't have any other programs open when it happens. 

Alfredo
Roadie

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

Just to confirm, is it only the Spotify app that's freezing or does the Macbook stops responding every few minutes?

Also, are you using your device's speakers, headphones, or other output when this happens?

Keep us in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

aysyilmz
Regular

It's only the Spotify app that's freezing. When I try to open and use other apps when it freezes, they work just fine. I use headphones. By the way, is there a reason why I can't see the "hardware acceleration" option?

SergioDavid
Roadie

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We'll need to know the exact version you're running. You can find your Spotify version by going to Help > About Spotify. 

Also, does the app crash at all if you control Spotify on your computer with Spotify Connect?

Let us know.

aysyilmz
Regular

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc this is it I think? 

Yes, I mean it crashes whenever I use it on my computer. When I'm controlling Spotify on my computer with my phone, it still crashes if I scroll or click on something on my computer but I can change the song through my phone.

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @aysyilmz!

Does the same happen if you use a different Spotify account? You can create a Free account to test this out or use the account of a friend or family member.

Keep us posted.

aysyilmz
Regular

Hello, Spotify just went back to normal when I deleted all my songs. I now remember doing the same thing last month because of the same problem. I only had around 700-800 songs and it should have been even more if I hadn't deleted it all last month. Having no songs on my library seems to be temporarily fixing it but how do I solve this problem?

Alfredo
Roadie

That's odd.

Just to confirm, are the songs you deleted part of your local files or songs from the Spotify catalog? You should be able to have up to 10.000 songs saved in Your Library without any inconvenience.

We'll see what we can suggest.

aysyilmz
Regular

They were all from the Spotify catalog. I had already deleted my local files but it didn’t have an effect.

Spotify
Spotify

Got it @aysyilmz!

We can see that there's a new update for the Spotify app. Could you make sure to use the latest version (1.0.77) and check if the Hardware Acceleration option is available?

Also, keep in mind that the app is going to work perfectly even if you have a lot of saved songs. In the meantime, try to download some playlists and activate the Offline Mode in your app following these steps. 

Let us know if the app behaves the same way.

SUGGESTED POSTS