Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kooks "Down" EP not showing in tag:new search

Kooks "Down" EP not showing in tag:new search

The Kooks have released a new EP very recently called "Down".

I do a regular search on tag:new, have done so regularly since I got my developer licence near the end of February, and it is now 27th April. Yet this EP never showed up on my tag:new search.

I use my app to find new singles and EPs so why did this one fail to show?

Tich's recent "Breathe In Breathe Out" was also a no-show and there's no use saying that it is because the song was once on Candlelight EP as that was a different version and it is new singles and EPs that are shown not necessarily new songs.

3 Replies

Here it is:

Let me know if that works for you 🙂

Cheers, 

John

I know where it is.

The point is, I have a program to find new releases and rely on tag:new.

If tag:new isn't there, it doesn't show. That means I am likely to miss new releases. That is a bug with spotify I want fixed.

More music that has failed to show up:

The Struts : Kiss This EP

Didn't come up in my search. According to iTunes it was out on 4th April and I have been searching tag:new every week since the end of February.

Are they suggesting new music gets added to spotify without the tag:new metadata and if so how the hell am I supposed to find it? I use this feature to find out what music is out, particularly by bands I like. Their song "Could Have Been Me" was one of my favourite songs of 2013 but I cannot be expected to "follow" every artist, I do a search on tag:new using my program which then matches them against iTunes and eventually against my own list to see which artists I am familiar with.

I have grepped my output and Struts fails to show.

Suggested posts