Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LG Smart TV] App music not progressing

Solved!

[LG Smart TV] App music not progressing

Hello

Recently I updated the Spotify app on my LG 55UJ750V to version 2.0.8.

Since then any song I play does not progress, it just stays at 0:00(also, no music is playing).

I tried controlling it with my computer and phone, the songs seems to progress on my phone/PC but on the TV the timer stays at 0:00. If I skip the song to 1:00 for example, it does the same on the TV, but remains at this position.

I already tried reinstalling the App.

I am using the free plan

Thanks!

EDIT: Version 2.0.8 is what the LG Content Store says, inside the App it says 2.11.0

27 Replies

@batthis wrote:

See my solution above. Avoids factory reset. 

Hi Batthis, thank you for your reply. I forgot to specify that I've already turned QuickStart+ off. 

On saturday I made factory reset and Spotify run weel, the day after (yesterday) it started working not properly again (and I had some friends at home for lunch, grr). That is soooo frustating...

Thank you,

Federica

Thanks, worked wonders! 

Disabling quick start and shut it down and on again solved.

LG or webos should solve this issue, because even after uninstalling the app, shutting it down completely should not be necessary to clear any residual files that were locking this

Thank you! This worked for me too! 

Disabling quick start and shut it down and turned on again solved the problem for me too. Thanks for the advise! 🙂

dude you helped a bunch! thanks man!!!

This doesn't work for me. I've restarted multiple times, disabled quick start, and re-installed Spotify numerous times. It only happens on certain songs.

Having to reset your TV every time this happens is not a "fix". Spotify needs to address this.

Device:    LG WebOS TV UN7300AUD

OS version:   5.0.0-15421

What worked for me is to click the back button on the LG remote until it asks you if you want to close Spotify and then reopen it.

I suspect this stops it in the background as well.  There may be some memory leak issue or something similar causing this issue.

Suggested posts