Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG Soundbar SK10Y

LG Soundbar SK10Y

The SoundBar is not detected by Spotify. Both the 'requestee' device (such as PC) and the SoundBar (player) are on the same network. Connectivity is also good, as LG Mobile App detected the SoundBar just fine, I can also ping its IP address.

Seeing all those services being up and running on their respective ports, I was puzzled why Spotify Connect cannot detect the SoundBar. This is when I decided to run some more tests with Wireshark logging enabled.

To get some 'success' example logging, I also started Spotify on my LG TV (which gets detected from PC).

Now, the PC-Spotify appears to be polling the local network via a broadcast and then doing an HTTP requests to detected player hosts, in this case my LG TV and LG SoundBar:

192.168.0.100 (LG-TV): HTTP   242   GET   /apps/com.spotify.Spotify.TVv2   HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP 200 -> XML with device info was received

192.168.1.199 (LG-SBar): HTTP   242   GET   /apps/com.spotify.Spotify.TVv2   HTTP/1.1  -> HTTP 404 -> File Not Found

So there it is, PC/Android Spotify apps, while doing discovery, appear not to follow some rules of the Spotify Connect protocol, as described in the guidelines written by Spotify Developers. Instead, a hardcoded URL is being accessed, and 404 means the SoundBar wont be detected.

Some devices do not use 'com.spotify.Spotify.TVv2' service name for Spotify. Even better, the '/apps/' folder can also change (to 'dial' or 'service' or 'api', etc.), so this should be detected as well!

Please fix.

3 Replies

any follow up on this? I can't get spotify to work either on this soundbar

Spotify will never answer to our problems,
There is only one languafe they understand "MONEY".
I gave them 5 days to fix problem for LG soundbars, if i have no answer i will change to another service provider.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Connectivity issues are in most cases caused by the app cache getting damaged. We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things and the issue is limited only to connectivity with LG sound bars, you might be experiencing a case of this ongoing issue, so make sure to vote for it if you haven't already. It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions! 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts