Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

LG HDTV

Operating System

My Question or Issue

When using the LG TV app its not allowing selection of Genres & Moods, selection highlights the option selected, but nothing happens when pushing OK button.

13 Replies

Hey @niffty-au! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried to reinstall the app? Maybe this will fix the issue. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I tried your suggestion, even restarted the TV after completely powering down at the wall, just in case, but no different.  I can select anything else in the app without any problems, just nothing in genres & moods.  I can expand genres & moods to show all, but its not possible to expand or show further, clicking on each does nothing.

Other suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I have noticed on some songs on phone, ipad or computer show video, is this something that is going to expand futher and possibly on TV?

@niffty-au

Hmm, that's strange.

I've escalated you issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

Hey @niffty-au!

Sorry, for the belated reply.

Do you use Spotify Connect?

Also, be sure of the following:

• All devices' software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturer for how to check and update the version software.
  • You’re rocking the latest version of Spotify.
  • Your TV is supported. You can check this at spotifygear.com or with the device’s manufacturer.

Peace

Hi Nico,
My TV is an LG smart TV, purchased in 2016.  I am pretty fanatical about software updates etc so I know there’s no issue there.  I’m pretty sure that Spotify function on my TV was working in previous versions so not sure what’s happened.  If it’s not suited to my TV then you would think it wouldn’t be available in LG store on device.
Not sure the Spotify link you provided would be helpful, I’m in Australia and tv versions can vary.
Thanks for following up.

I am having the exact same problem but on the Samsung tv app. I’m surprised it’s not happening to more people or that more people haven’t reported it. I’m in the uk. Interestingly I’m on the free version of Spotify so thought it had something to do with that. 

Hi Freshminttea,
I’m using paid Spotify, so doesn’t look like that’s the issue. Maybe there is more people with the issue, could be they just aren’t aware, or just haven’t bothered to follow up or do anything about it. Plus I’m sure there’s plenty that don’t know it’s available on smart tvs. Thanks for your input, hopefully this will be investigated further.

Hey @niffty-au @Freshminttea

I'm sorry that your TV app is acting wrong.

Could you try this? 

• Log out > restart device > log back in.
  • Restart your router.
  • Update your  firmware.
  • Try a different internet connection.
  • Reinstall Spotify on TV.
  • Check if the same thing happens when using the Connect feature instead.
  • Create a new account and see if the same thing happens.

Peace

Hi Nico,
Have tried pretty much everything with no change at all, moods & genres will not work, even tried using the LG iPhone app to control TV.
Also what are you referring to with connect feature?

@niffty-au

Be sure to check this site out for details about Spotify Connect.

Please let me know the following details:

• What typ of internet connection do you use.
  • Exact TV model.
  • When did it start?
  • A video of what happens.

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Hi Nico,
It plays if using the connect feature, I can select moods & genres on my phone & play that way, just can’t select on the tv using tv remote or tv app.  Hope this helps.

I have exactly the same problem since a week or two. Clicking on any genre or mood does not do anything. I have an OLED55B7V.

@niffty-au

Does the issue persists if you log in with a different Spotify account on your TV?

And have you tried a different internet connection on your TV or to connect with an ethernet cable?

Peace

Suggested posts