Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

LG TV 50NANO793NE

Operating System

WebOS 5.2.1-2521

My Question or Issue

Hello! I'm having an issue with the Spotify app on my new LG TV. The problem is that it doesn't play music at all. The counter doesn't start, the buttons are irresponsive and there is no sound at all and only the progression bar advances for 10-30 sec.
I can connect with my phone to the TV but that doesn't help either and still can't control anything on the app. On my older LG TV, the app works just fine.

I've tried everything that I've found so far i.e.

• Turning Quick start+ off and restart the TV
  • Reinstalling Spotify
  • Sign in with the remote
  • Sign in with my mobile

but nothing has helped. The only thing that worked is factory resetting the TV but the success was only temporary because after 2 days the problem recurred with even more serious symptoms. Now, whenever I try to play a song after 10-30 sec the app skips the song and after some song skipping, the navigation bar and every other information disappears except the name of the current song. Then the app freezes and I can't do anything. Once I managed to go back to the playlist menu but then I couldn't select anything.

The TV is a brand new LG 50NANO793NE. Everything else on the TV works perfectly. I use the TV's built-in speaker and no audio modification in the settings.
Latest spotify app from Lg content store.

Thanks for any help in advance!

• TV
5 Replies

Hi there @szabolcs5757,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds? Also unplug your TV and plug it back in.

If that doesn't make any difference, check and make sure that there aren't any firmware updates pending for your TV.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,
Thanks for trying to help me!
I've tried what you've just suggested but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. I've unplugged both the TV and the router and i've searched for firmware update for the TV but there wasn't any.
I hope you have other ideas because I've run out of them and factory resetting the TV every other day is just not the kind of solution I need 😅
Thanks for your help again!

Hey @szabolcs5757

Thanks for your quick reply 🙂 

Could you give it a go using a different internet connection and get back to us if the issue persists? Maybe a mobile hotspot would be a convenient solution for you? 

On another note, it would also help us out a lot if you could let us know if the app behaves properly when you control it from another device using Chromecast or Connect. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here.  

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you very much for suggensting network problem!
I started to dig in my router settings and I found out that somehow parental control got in the way. Some addresses was unreachable for the TV and that caused the problem. I switched off that setting and everything works again.
I feel so dumb now, but I hope this can help someone with similar problems in the future.

Hi again @szabolcs5757

We're glad to hear that now it's working fine. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great weekend 🙂

EniModerator

Suggested posts