Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG TV 43"

Operating System

(WebOS 5.80.30)

So i have 3 LG TVs and one of them Being my Office TV started to Lag while play back and stoppped playing randomly [Skip song fixed that] then it started lagging again this morning, restart TV [Quick Start+ disabled] Spotify now when i open it loads no problem is can see it in my app (Computer/Android) but when i try to connect it disapears, "OK, not a problem i have a remote" click play nothing "maybe my enter button is broken" grab the remote from another TV i can cycle menus but cant press PLAY on a song or SHUFFLE, Installed ThinQ App [TV Remote App] stil nothing Spotify refuses to play my music on this TV, try it on my 2 other TVs no problem

- Uninstall/Reinstall Spotify [Doesn't Work]

- Factory Reset my TV [Doesn't Work]

- Region Change my TV [Nothing]

- Double check network access [Still refuses to play or pair with my devices]

Someone Encounter this before?

[EDIT] NONE of my TVs play Spotify now ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Seems to be a few issues with Spotify right now that are currently being investigated. I'd recommend keeping an eye on @SpotifyStatus and @SpotifyCares as they've got the right folks on this behind the scenes. 🕵🏻‍

We’re aware of some issues right now and are checking them out! We’ll keep you posted.

— SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) May 7, 2020

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Seems to be a few issues with Spotify right now that are currently being investigated. I'd recommend keeping an eye on @SpotifyStatus and @SpotifyCares as they've got the right folks on this behind the scenes. 🕵🏻‍

We’re aware of some issues right now and are checking them out! We’ll keep you posted.

— SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) May 7, 2020

Thanks i was curious and checked out @SpotifyStatus and saw they had issues, Thanks

This problem is back. 

Hi @Starchild,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We can confirm that there's currently an issue that's causing latency with our web player & partner devices.

Our tech teams are looking into this at the moment. Thanks for reporting!

If you are affected by this issue, we'd recommend you head over to this ongoing issue thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update.

Take care 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, wont play anything if selected from the tv remote and only connects to a device to play one song and then disconnects. Totally useless. Tried resetting and reinstalling everything. Either its the app or webos.

Any update on this? I’m still having these issues to this date

Hey there @mathias301,

Thank you for your reply.

This should be fixed - but since you still experience this it would be great if you can let us know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It's was a down of spotify, they had issues with ioS that day

I have a LG Smart TV and my Spotify app will try to play a song and then it stops before it even starts playing.

However, I skip to the next song and it plays. Skip to the next song and it won't play.

Extremely random glitches.

I would start buy contacting Spotify support, when i had this problem they
were having platform issues,

Twitter - @spotifysupport i believe

Same problem with WebOS 03.23.15 on LG CX. Spotify refuses to play anything. Clicking play just doesn't do anything.

Suggested posts