Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG Webos

Solved!

LG Webos

Hi, I've just got a brand new LG webos tv (the John Lewis version) but am disappointed to not be able to download Spotify....does anyone know when it will be available or it it's just not available in the UK?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I managed to download the app by changing my TV region to Chile (originally set to Brazil). It appeared under Premium Apps 🙂

View solution in original post

66 Replies

Hi. Spotify should be available in the app store in the UK. Can you first check that you have the latest firmware installed then go to the app store using the TV. It's not one of the preinstalled apps but you should be able to find and install it. I seem to recall someone once mentioned it was hidden in the premium section but I may be wrong.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply, I have software version 03.23.08 and webOS TV Version 1.2.0-2708 (sorry not sure is the important version! Plus all set to Automatic Update)

In the app store, there are only 15 premium apps (Skype, BBC, Netflix etc)..no spotify. The only music service is Napster. IN the "Apps & Games" section there are quite a few more (incuding Facebook, Twitter and Deezer) but again no Spotify. If I use teh search functionality, it comes back with nothing.

When I login to the Webstore on my laptop, having entered the TV details, it also doesn't return any results for Spotify. If I do a general search, I can find it but it's not compatable with my software

Thanks

James

It may be that LG haven't made it available for your TV. Get in touch with LG support and they can confirm one way or another. According to the Spotify FAQ, the app is available on all 2012 model LG Smart TVs onwards.

On the firmware, it's worth going into the TV settings and updating manually to be sure the latest firmware is in fact installed.

I've sent LG a message so lets see what they say. I know the webOS operating system was only released very recently so maybe it just hasn't been updated yet

I have the same problem, Spotify works on my older LG smart tv but not on my new webOS 4K Smart tv???

here's the reponse i got from LG

"We have escalated this to our smart teams, however they take some time to come back to us to confirm anything, at this stage please

make sure the software is up to date, and the unit is set to the Uk smart settings.

Once we have more news we will get back to you as soon as possible or if you would like to contact our call centre at a later date for any more news".

Hi,

The answer's I've got from LG are pretty rubbish. I've looked again on the LG App Store (via my laptop and as a guest) and there doesn't appear to be any Spotify apps. It's not in the premium section either.

Am I being really stupid?

Thanks

J

You sound pretty sensible to me. There have been issues with the LG spotify app disappearing and reappearing around the world since it launched. The last word I had from Spotify (6 weeks ago was) "The LG TV app is available in Europe, North America, and South America. ...users should make sure the firmware is up to date and that they also check the app store of the TV itself, not just the list of pre-loaded apps (easy to miss, according to the folks who know this stuff)."

Keep on at LG support is all I can suggest.

I try to use Spotify in Poland, and there is the same problem. I can't find Spotify in the store 😞

Same thing here in Germany. LG Support said that Spotify is "currently not planned for LB models"...  😞

And in Sweden as well. Waiting for it. Is there any substance in LG Germany saying Spotify isnt planned for LB-models??

There is not a Spotify WebOS app in any region/country of the LG Store, and is not possible to use the web version because is based on Flash and our TVs can't support this technology (good for LG, Flash is a plague).
If spotify don't releases a new app for WebOS TVs, there is no possibility to use our premium accounts with the new TVs.
Sadly, I'm thinking of move to Deezer: same price, 10 million more songs than spotify and support for LG WebOS from the first day.

I'm hoping that in the next month (my last renewal was a few days ago) Spotify react and release a new app for WebOS, otherwise I will cancel my premium account.

@jimbof posted here.

@jimbof wrote:

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the LG support line today and the tech guy confirmed that the app isn't available (even though Spotify says it is).

Apparently it was very briefly available but didn't work properly so was removed. He said that it's currently being tested and he estimated that it should be released in mid-July

Crap but at least we have an answer!!

Thanks

I'm looking forward to the new app, thanks for the info Joe/jimbof.

I've had contact with LG support, they said (translated from dutch):

Spotify (company) hasn't finished an app for use with WebOS. As soon as the app is finished it will be added (through a software update) to the premium apps.

So I guess we should try to get updates from Spotify instead of LG customer suppor. Any Spotify programmer / employee around here who can inform us about the progress or release date?

Your more likely to get a reply from the Twitter team @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, has anyone got this working yet? Just got a LG Smart TV with WebOS and still no sign of the spotify app... If I log onto the LG App Store on my laptop I can see the app but it says it's not compatible with my device... Any luck anyone?

The Spotify application has launched on the LG webOS TVs in the United States and Mexico. We're launching in more countries soon. 

Is anyone in this thread from these markets and able to confirm this is working on your device? 

When will this be available in the UK?

Suggested posts