LG Webos

Solved!

LG Webos

jimbof
Regular

Hi, I've just got a brand new LG webos tv (the John Lewis version) but am disappointed to not be able to download Spotify....does anyone know when it will be available or it it's just not available in the UK?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: LG Webos

allanino
Casual Listener
I managed to download the app by changing my TV region to Chile (originally set to Brazil). It appeared under Premium Apps :)

View solution in original post

65 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

Hi. Spotify should be available in the app store in the UK. Can you first check that you have the latest firmware installed then go to the app store using the TV. It's not one of the preinstalled apps but you should be able to find and install it. I seem to recall someone once mentioned it was hidden in the premium section but I may be wrong.

jimbof
Regular

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply, I have software version 03.23.08 and webOS TV Version 1.2.0-2708 (sorry not sure is the important version! Plus all set to Automatic Update)

In the app store, there are only 15 premium apps (Skype, BBC, Netflix etc)..no spotify. The only music service is Napster. IN the "Apps & Games" section there are quite a few more (incuding Facebook, Twitter and Deezer) but again no Spotify. If I use teh search functionality, it comes back with nothing.

When I login to the Webstore on my laptop, having entered the TV details, it also doesn't return any results for Spotify. If I do a general search, I can find it but it's not compatable with my software

Thanks

James

Joe
Community Legend

It may be that LG haven't made it available for your TV. Get in touch with LG support and they can confirm one way or another. According to the Spotify FAQ, the app is available on all 2012 model LG Smart TVs onwards.

On the firmware, it's worth going into the TV settings and updating manually to be sure the latest firmware is in fact installed.

jimbof
Regular

I've sent LG a message so lets see what they say. I know the webOS operating system was only released very recently so maybe it just hasn't been updated yet

oletavernier

I have the same problem, Spotify works on my older LG smart tv but not on my new webOS 4K Smart tv???

jimbof
Regular

here's the reponse i got from LG

"We have escalated this to our smart teams, however they take some time to come back to us to confirm anything, at this stage please

make sure the software is up to date, and the unit is set to the Uk smart settings.

Once we have more news we will get back to you as soon as possible or if you would like to contact our call centre at a later date for any more news".

jimbof
Regular

Hi,

The answer's I've got from LG are pretty rubbish. I've looked again on the LG App Store (via my laptop and as a guest) and there doesn't appear to be any Spotify apps. It's not in the premium section either.

Am I being really stupid?

Thanks

J

Highlighted

Joe
Community Legend

You sound pretty sensible to me. There have been issues with the LG spotify app disappearing and reappearing around the world since it launched. The last word I had from Spotify (6 weeks ago was) "The LG TV app is available in Europe, North America, and South America. ...users should make sure the firmware is up to date and that they also check the app store of the TV itself, not just the list of pre-loaded apps (easy to miss, according to the folks who know this stuff)."

Keep on at LG support is all I can suggest.

Przybylkiewicz
Casual Listener

I try to use Spotify in Poland, and there is the same problem. I can't find Spotify in the store :(

SUGGESTED POSTS