LG Webos

Solved!

Re: LG Webos

MattHa

Same thing here in Germany. LG Support said that Spotify is "currently not planned for LB models"...  :(

Leafar74

And in Sweden as well. Waiting for it. Is there any substance in LG Germany saying Spotify isnt planned for LB-models??

SpyPlane
Casual Listener

There is not a Spotify WebOS app in any region/country of the LG Store, and is not possible to use the web version because is based on Flash and our TVs can't support this technology (good for LG, Flash is a plague).
If spotify don't releases a new app for WebOS TVs, there is no possibility to use our premium accounts with the new TVs.
Sadly, I'm thinking of move to Deezer: same price, 10 million more songs than spotify and support for LG WebOS from the first day.

I'm hoping that in the next month (my last renewal was a few days ago) Spotify react and release a new app for WebOS, otherwise I will cancel my premium account.

Joe
Community Legend

@jimbof posted here.

@jimbof wrote:

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the LG support line today and the tech guy confirmed that the app isn't available (even though Spotify says it is).

Apparently it was very briefly available but didn't work properly so was removed. He said that it's currently being tested and he estimated that it should be released in mid-July

Crap but at least we have an answer!!

Thanks

SpyPlane
Casual Listener

I'm looking forward to the new app, thanks for the info Joe/jimbof.

BastianTiles
Music Fan

I've had contact with LG support, they said (translated from dutch):

Spotify (company) hasn't finished an app for use with WebOS. As soon as the app is finished it will be added (through a software update) to the premium apps.

So I guess we should try to get updates from Spotify instead of LG customer suppor. Any Spotify programmer / employee around here who can inform us about the progress or release date?

Peter__
Community Legend
Your more likely to get a reply from the Twitter team @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

AndyMLiverpool
Casual Listener

Hi, has anyone got this working yet? Just got a LG Smart TV with WebOS and still no sign of the spotify app... If I log onto the LG App Store on my laptop I can see the app but it says it's not compatible with my device... Any luck anyone?

Rorey
Spotify Legend

The Spotify application has launched on the LG webOS TVs in the United States and Mexico. We're launching in more countries soon. 

Is anyone in this thread from these markets and able to confirm this is working on your device? 

Heckie
Casual Listener

When will this be available in the UK?

SUGGESTED POSTS