Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG smart tv app Australia

LG smart tv app Australia

I purchased the LG 55LM9600 Smart tv a few months back with the promise that spotify is availible on all 2013 LG smart tvs...

The app is not visible in store, so i called LG only to be told that it isnt availible in Australia. WTF spotify?! Why not? And why does your spotift.com/AU/support page advertise that it is availible on ALL 2013 LG smart tvs? Fix your app or fix ur website ffs! Pathetic.

7 Replies

I may be wrong but, looking at the product details, the 55LM9600 is actually a 2012 model?

Hi Mickb, welcome to the Community.

I've done some digging and it appears that the LG app is not currently available in Australia. 

The article you mentioned on our website was shown in error, and I'm in the process of removing this now.

Whilst the app is not currently available, we hope this is not a permanent situation. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Another Aussie really keen to hear what the current situation is re compatible smart TVs I can buy. I am currently on spotify premium trial AND in market for compatible smart TV with a Samsung UA55F7100AM on my wishlist. this will change if Spotify are no longer supporting it in australia - please advise ASAP what is happening.

thanks

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're updating the website (should be fixed later today), but as confirmation:

The LG TV app is available in Europe, North America, and South America.

The Samsung TV app is available in every country Spotify is in.

In both cases, make sure your firmware is up to date and you're also checking the app store of the TV itself, not just the list of pre-loaded apps.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks, I am in Australia and want to get a Blue Ray player that supports Spotify. I dont think Samsung suppports. The LG brochures all claim to support Spotify I 2014 models but the LG app store device compatability doesn't show Spotify. Not sure if it is kept up to date.

What is the spotify.com URL that lists all the devices supported IN AUSTRALIA ? 

Thanks

There's this FAQ.

Hi!

I have an LG Smart TV in Argentina. 

The spotify app was available but stop working and now is NOT on the store. 

I've tried the stores in Brazil and Chile and is not available also... so is NOT available in South America.

Can you tell us when it will be available. 

If not, anyone knows where can we get the app to download in a PC and use it from a pen drive?

Thank you

Sebas

Suggested posts