Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LG tv] Tv app not playing music

[LG tv] Tv app not playing music

I tried playing music through my LG tv app and it doesn't work. I've tried turning tv off and on, same with wifi and also tried a different wifi, also tried uninstalling the app but it still doesn't work. The app opens up and it lets me select a playlist but when I press play or select a song it doesn't start playing. Help! 

11 Replies

I have the same. The songs appear in the spotify LG app on both my LG TVs  but u cannot play. Even casting from a android phone or iPad has the same results when casting to the tv directly or chrome cast . Also casting to any of my google home  devices is not working. This is common across all my platforms with the common element been Spotify as YouTube etc works fine to all devices @spotify any help here?

I have got today a similar problem with LG Soundbar. It should open spotify with google home, but today says it isn’t available. And if I try to connect iphone spotifty app to Soundbar with wifi it works a few seconds and then stops. Bluetooth sharing works fine.

I also have an LG soundbar that doesn't accept casting to it with Spotify anymore.

Its just alternating blinking Spotify followed by WiFi on the display.

It does, however, work if I select "Spotify connect" instead of "Google cast" as the connection method.

Tested from several devices with same outcome and casting from other services works fine. 

Must be some issue on Spotify's side!

Same problem with LG soundbar, i started a new thread topic on it there before reading this one. Hopefully Spotify can recognize as an issue and investigate

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

@Alhainen thanks for the troubleshooting you've done so far. Could you check if there are any updates available for your LG tv operating system? It would also help us out a lot if you could let us know if the app behaves properly when you try and control it from another device using  Chromecast or Connect ? You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here.  

@Mick1539 and @ämk your issue seems to be a bit different. We recommend that you unlink all your devices and your Spotify account from your Google Home app and then preform a clean reinstall of both the Google Home and Spotify apps. You can find the steps for Spotify here. Instructions on how to link the accounts can be brought up here.

@riclun80 and @ninjakettle could you give it a go using a different intern network and get back to us if the issue persists? Maybe a mobile hotspot would be a convenient solution for you? It's also a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the app on the device you're casting from and check for any firmware updates for your soundbar.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail

I've tried multiple devices and networks and reinstall and clear cached your end (via twitter team) - have you seen the thread on here in 'other' section - it's full of users with same issue. could you take a look?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Spotify-no-longer-casting-to-LG-Sound...

Hi there @ninjakettle,

Thanks for your reply and sharing what troubleshooting you've done so far.

Have you tried factory resetting your LG sound bar? Restarting your router and making sure that there are no restrictions enabled is also a good idea.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

HI @Alex,

I've tried,

- Factory reset Soundbar

- Updated firmware and reset router

- Reinstalled Spotify, cleared cached

- Signed up for Spotify Beta, tried that

- Reset google home /unlinked relinked Spotify

- tried on multiple devices. 

- tried on both wifi bands

- reached out to Twitter Spotify support who cleared my (server side?) cache (see detail in other thread

Given every single other app works except spotify, coupled with the fact that the 'Other (Partners, Web Player, etc. )' TOPIC has the thread i started with lots of LG Soundbar owners complaining of same issue - i have low hope this is a simple localized issue for just me.  But, happy to try any other suggestions to help circle the issue.

Hey @ninjakettle,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results.

We've gathered all the info from your case and the other thread and passed it on to the right folks at our developer team. We can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed, but we recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version. We'll be rolling out some improvements to the way Connect works soon and that way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

Hi,

I have same issue with LG Webos 03.33.11, no 'now playng' area is displayed and play now buttons do nothing.

Hey there @HERUBIO119

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts