Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm is not scrobbling

Solved!

Last.fm is not scrobbling

I have windows 10 (desktop) and the Spotify application. I try to disconnect and turn on the plug again. I log out of the spotify application and log in again. It still does not work. scroble works only by open.spotify.com. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @abyss81

It's rather common that sometimes Spotify desktop client doesn't seem to scrobble to last.fm. Usually the missing scrobbles become visible a little later.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the last.fm application to your Spotify account should help clear things out as well. Make sure to remove the last.fm app from the list of your approved apps too before reconnecting last.fm to Spotify, you can do it here.

Are the scrobbles still missing for you? ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Disconnecting and reconnecting the scrobbling access seems to have worked for me. Thanks!

View solution in original post

41 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @abyss81

It's rather common that sometimes Spotify desktop client doesn't seem to scrobble to last.fm. Usually the missing scrobbles become visible a little later.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the last.fm application to your Spotify account should help clear things out as well. Make sure to remove the last.fm app from the list of your approved apps too before reconnecting last.fm to Spotify, you can do it here.

Are the scrobbles still missing for you? ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm getting the same, windows 10 desktop.

Stopped working today it seems. Tried the same things as suggested - logging out of app, removing scrobble ability and re-verifying it. Nothing yet has worked.

I can still scrobble when I use the Spotify app on my phone, but the app hasn't updated recently (I don't believe).

You had any luck? Thanks

thanks for the help. I've been doing this for a week and it still does not work. my buddy has logged in on my computer and sccrobbling works for him. This is very strange.

I have the same problem, desktop player doesn't scrobble.

It works !! After a week ๐Ÿ˜„

So does mine! ๐Ÿ™‚

How strange though. Would love to know what was causing it.

Thanks

I tried this and it still isnt scrobbling for me. I disconnected it and everything. Will it start working at a different time?

Marked as solution

Disconnecting and reconnecting the scrobbling access seems to have worked for me. Thanks!

Did you get all the scrobbles back? Or did it just resume without taking into account the ones in between?

If I remember correctly, any songs I listened to while it was disconnected didnโ€™t end up scrobbling at all. Only the songs I played after reconnecting showed up. 

I was able to get my scrobbles back! Thank you!

Thank you for the reply!

No, unfortunately none of the tracks I listened to while last.fm wasn't working did not scrobble. It really sucks but luckily I caught that error before I had listened to too much music. I also wish they would add a feature where all of your listening habits of all time were added when you linked your Spotify account

So, I'm having this issue both in the Win10 app and playing via Alexa on an Echo Dot.  

Scrobbling works via Spotify phone app and web app.

I have uninstalled from Windows, disabled the Alexa skill, disconnected from Alexa and Last.fm and even logged out of Spotify completely and started again but nothing works.

I appreciate any other suggestions?  TIA

I am having the same problem so I would love to know a solution.

Hey @MIG20,

In some cases, the Spotify desktop app doesn't seem to scrobble to Last.fm. Usually the missing scrobbles become visible a little later, but if not, it's possible that you need to re sync the apps.

We've noticed that disconnecting and reconnecting the last.fm application from your Spotify account can help clear things out. Before reconnecting the last.fm profile to Spotify, make sure to remove the last.fm app from the list of your approved apps too, you can do it here. This forced sync between the apps also helps with the issue of your Echo Dot, just make sure to be using the same account login out and back in.

If you need anything else, remember that the Community is always here to help.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is still not working, and I have tried the method.  Even after reconnecting the scrobbler with Spotify, it'll only scrobble when not connected to Alexa. But if Alexa is playing music, it won't work. 

@Novy Thanks for the reply

I tried unsync/resync as few times before post but made no difference.  I have since uninstalled the Spotify app from all devices, forced a logout and then did a resync.  When I reinstalled the Win10 desktop app, scrobbling has returned but still nothing when playing via Alexa.

Frustrating but I will keep trying to resync over the next few days.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We can confirm that scrobbling doesn't work when playing directly from Alexa powered devices. 

This will only work if playback is started from a device where the scrobbler is enabled. What you can do is start music from your Desktop app and play on the Alexa speaker via Bluetooth.

Hope this information clears things up. We're here if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts