Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library vs. Playlist

Solved!

Library vs. Playlist

I have simple question. What is difference between saving songs to library and saving it to playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Phexlley

It's a good question 🙂

Your library is visible to your eyes only while playlists can also be set publicly visible.

There's also a limit on saving songs to Your Library - specifically 10 000 songs/albums. This limit doesn't exist for your playlists so you can easily put many more songs into your playlists and create lots of playlists!

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Phexlley

It's a good question 🙂

Your library is visible to your eyes only while playlists can also be set publicly visible.

There's also a limit on saving songs to Your Library - specifically 10 000 songs/albums. This limit doesn't exist for your playlists so you can easily put many more songs into your playlists and create lots of playlists!

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star

One more question 🙂 Spotify is making "Discover weekly" playlists from Library music or also from my playlists?

@Phexlley

I'm sorry, I didn't see your reply!

Discover Weekly's algorithm observes anything you're listening to. It notices and constructs the playlist based what you're saving, what's in your playlists, what are you listening to a lot recently, what other Spotify listeners with similar taste listen to and all that.

Basically, it looks everywhere to build a fresh playlist for you. 🙂

Note: Discover Weekly's algorithm is turned off when you're in Private Session. So if you also listen to music you don't want recommendations for, use Private Session.
The algorithm also doesn't observe when you're listening to the DW playlist.

Again, sorry for the really late reply and have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts