Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Libratone Zipp with spotify connect

Libratone Zipp with spotify connect

I have issues with Spotify Connect not working on my Libratone Classic Zipp WIFI/BT speaker. 

When using spotify connect the speaker disconnects when i reopen the app, eg to adjust the volume or finf new tracks. It work perfect with airplay.

30 Replies

Hi, I have the same libratone (zipp).

If you have spotify premium, it will works perfectly.

If you have spotify free, you can only use you libratone device with bluetoth and airplay.

Hi! I have the same issue. My speaker (Zipp) has always been working with Spotify Connect,  but since recently it does not show up. I have Spotify Premium, still the problem occurs.

/Victor 

Hi, by logging into my Spotify Premium account on iOS, the application no longer offers me Spotify Connect on the Classic Zipp speaker. Only by Air play. But all the equipments are up to date. I don't understand

Hi, I have the same problem here ; i can't detect the Libratone zipp anymore on Android and Windows

My Libratone Zipp (classic) recently stopped working with Spotify Connect. I wrote their support and apparently it's an issue for all owners of the Classic Zipp (see attached image with their response). I'm really hoping they'll sort this out quickly – otherwise I know who I won't be buying my next speaker from.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 13.57.16.png

Same here! Any updates on this issue?

Same problem with Spotify Connect on Libratone Loop. It just doesn't show up anymore. After a 20 mail troubleshoot with Spotify, still no resolution.

I imagine Libratone will have to update their software to maintain compatibility with whatever new updates were made to Spotify Connect. Questions is, whether or not Libratone intends to do that or if they just want people to buy their new products.

Well apparently they finally aknowledge it. I reported it back in March, only to be dismissed. I've had this issue for months.

Here’s a reply from Libratone on Twitter: “As you probably know this happened with the latest Spotify update and the speakers still work on older versions of Spotify. Since the Classic products have been discontinued there will not be any updates to solve this issue. Airplay should still work!”

wth. How can they just not care that their product isn't working anymore? 

Exactly! Wouldn't buy a new product from libratone if their attitude is: "this product will not be cared for in 3 or 5 years" ... We don't buy speakers for a limited usage, do we? 

Just checked. I bought mine 2 years and 8 months ago. Specifically because it had spotify connect. This is an outrage, actually.

Thanks for the tweet anker. This is simply unacceptable !

Now I know I won't by a Libratone anymore.

I wrote an angry mail to their customers support, and this is what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting us.

We are working with Spotify to find a solution, but have not found it yet. If we find a solution I'll make sure to let you know.

Meanwhile, if you are an Apple user you can still use Airplay. If you are using Android then you can download an older version of Spotify from the internet that still supports our speakers. This is, of course, only meant as a temporary solution.

I hope it helps you.

Kind regards,"

So there is hope! 🙂

(some) good news!

I did half an hour of trial and error, and it looks like version 8.4.41.776 is the last android version it works on.

So if you have android, just uninstall Spotify, and download it from this website:

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1707364

And your Zipp magically appears again! 🙂

I was told by Libratone support that the issue is with Spotify and it is Spotify who need to fix the update so that these speakers will work again.

Typical pass-the-buck?

Clearly Spotify released an update that made them no longer compatible, so they could release another update to make it compatible again?

Likewise, Libratone should be able to release an update to make them compatible again, if they really wanted to.

I'd be curious to hear Spotify's comments as to why they released an update that stopped certain models of speakers from working? If this was unintentional, then we just have to wait. 

If it's a stalemate, well unfortunately it looks like Spotify would win this as I need a speaker to work with Spotify, not the other way around really.

I don't really know who's guilty or who we must believe. It's just funny how answers can be that different : "products have been discontinued & no update" and "Spotify have to make a new release"

All I know is that it's been a few month now that I can't use Spotify Connect. A bit to long... And what about a next update with same issue? Do we have to wait that long to use a service we pay for?

I think Spotify is too discrete on the subject and Libratone is way too slow !!!

Well one thing is for sure, Spotify released an update and not Libratone, so Spotify are clearly responsible for it no longer working but equally no-one is going to be satisfied with Libratone for not releasing an update of their own to make it compatible again.

I had a response from Spotify telling me 'if the customer support for the speaker said the new update of spotify doesnt work with the speaker, then spotify won't work with the speaker' - for me, this is equally disatisfactory. I'd assume it's a mistake and they didn't intend to stop it from working but they evidently don't care about any resolve.

Suggested posts