Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs Not Showing as Liked

Liked Songs Not Showing as Liked

Under my "Liked Songs" tab on the web player (I'm using Firefox), none of my liked songs are being shown as liked, even though they're under my Liked Songs tab. For example - usually liked songs have a green heart beside them when they're playing, to show that you've already saved that song. All of mine just have the empty heart. Also, when I'm in my Liked Songs tab, and I click the 3 dots to bring down the menu, the "Save to Your Liked Songs" option is there, instead of the "Remove from Your Liked Songs" option like it should be, so basically I can't remove any songs from my Liked Songs. This just started happening a few days ago.

I'm including a screenshot to show what's happening.

Spotify1.png
19 Replies

Good to know that i'm not the only one with that problem, i hope they fix this problem soon .

And for every new green heart icon, it will disappear after refreshing the webpage.

Literally, the same problem that has been driving me insane.

I'm having the same problem. Driving me crazy!

I have the same issue; tested on both Firefox and Chrome. The "..." submenu has no knowledge of the actual contents of your Liked Songs playlist.

Same issue. Hopefully they push a fix for it soon.

I'm still experiencing this today, days later, and it doesn't seem like Spotify is going to offer any fix or solution.

I've noticed that if I'm in my Liked Songs tab, and I "re-save" one of the songs that should already be saved, it does show it as saved. So am I supposed to go through thousands and thousands of my songs and re-like all of them, because I'm not going to do that because it would take ages to go through all of them. That's ridiculous since they're already in my Liked Songs tab. They should be showing as liked.

I came here to report the same problem. I discovered this on my Chrome and especially Firefox and ever since, I report a significant decrease in satisfaction in my Spotify experience. When I first got to know this, I had to take a moment and quit the application 😞 I take a lot of pride into the number of songs I know and like, the songs suddenly being unliked, it offends me so much because it makes me feel like I never took the effort! It's like being insulted to my face honestly. It needs a fix now.

This is just one of the many annoying bugs in the Spotify system. They don't really care as long they still have paying customers. There is no technical customer support. I bet soon someone will quote something from the FAQ about Liked Songs Playlist and mark the issue as solved. They do that always like this.

Same issue here. I good chunk of music that I have liked on my phone isn't showing up in my "liked songs" tab, or showing up as liked at all on my laptop. The last liked song it saved on my laptop was from MARCH 9TH. It is currently AUGUST 8TH. That's five months worth of liked music that isn't there on my laptop. PLEASE fix this soon Spotify.

Good to know that I'm not the only one experinceing this problem. 

As of today, 8/28/19, this issue has been fixed for me. All of my liked songs are showing as liked again. I didn't do anything to fix it, it just fixed itself, so I don't know if Spotify finally fixed the bug or what.

It's working for me too now. Thanks for the update!

As a long-time Spotify user,  and after having this problem for 2 weeks I can report that it's totally working for me too now!  Fantastic. 🙂

I'm having the same problem, except I also can't save new songs, and I think I've been having the problem for longer as well. The issue still isn't fixed for me. I have Google Chrome on the newest version, and it's been a couple days since other people have reported it being fixed.

I've had this problem for years now and as time goes by more and more liked songs don't show as liked anywhere else except in the liked songs playlist. Does anybody from Spotify know what exactly is happening since it has been happening for so long?

Ridiculous they still haven't fixed this

Guys, I had this problem before, is something with the windows firewall. Yesterday I changed my modem cause I upgraded my internet plan and it worked again!
I didn't have to reinstall anything, it just popped up a spotify firewall window to click "Allow".

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you restart the device? Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If you still experience this issue, we'd suggest you go ahead and check these steps. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

It's also a good idea to see if this occurs on another device. By doing that we can check if it is a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts