Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs from old to new

Liked songs from old to new

• why is so difficult to try to listen to your liked songs in a chronological order from old to new? Only thru the computer you can reverse the order of the list, but it always goes back to the newest song. Why? I am a premium listener for more than 10 years, but for little things like this, I feel like canceling my subscription and try something different.  Listening to your like songs on this order brings you the memories of each date. It’s poor development not to have something as simple as this. Sorry, but I feel that you could do better. 
4 Replies

I agree; this is baffling. It seems that "Liked Songs" don't function like a regular playlist. There was an older thread where the person was told to do a clean install, but it's a frustrating response because that means there was a bug or error somewhere that should be fixed by a fresh installation, an issue that Spotify isn't acknowledging. /shrug

This behavior has persisted for several months now.  I explicitly need to click the Calendar icon to sort it by date, and only then does it respect what seems to be the "default" sort order of the playlist.

Hey @dcarrete and @Cezille07

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

The option to sort your Liked Songs from older to newer is currently available only on desktop. However, we recommend having a look at this Live Idea suggesting the implementation of this option across all platforms. 

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

still seems to be the case in 2022.. ive been wanting to do this for a long time. pretty irritating, it seems like such a simple task.. yet its impossible to do so as far as i can tell

Hey @exploiteddna!

Looks like there's an idea about implementing this feature here. Even though it's marked as Closed, folks can still add in their votes and comments, so feel free to check it out and show your support (if you haven't already).

We’ll continue to monitor this idea and will update it, once it gets the required votes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts