Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 2,3, Google Home

Operating System

Google Assistant, Android 10

My Question or Issue

We have a family premium account that my wife and I share. Both of us have our accounts linked with Google Assistant with voice match. While I am playing music from my account, if my wife gives a verbal command that she likes the song, the song is liked on my account, not hers. Is this expected? When using Google Play Music, you could like song to your own account regardless of what account the  music was playing from.

1 Reply

Hey there @adamjcyr,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

At the moment, when a person is giving feedback to a Google Home device that they like the track playing, it saves that track on the Spotify account that the music is currently streaming from. This would explain why when your wife asks the Google Home to like a track it saves it to your Liked Songs instead of hers.

However, if that's something that you'd like to see differently in the future, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea. This way, you can add to the discussion around this feature and stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on. 

If you're curious on how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for more info about this. 

Hope this info sheds a bit more light about this but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts