Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Link Spotify to Bose SoundTouch since new update

Solved!

Link Spotify to Bose SoundTouch since new update

Hello,

Since this week Bose SoundTouch has been updated with the ability to link it to my Spotify account. But even after linking everything I still can't manage to play my Spotify musics on my Bose.

The SoundTouch should show in the list of devices available to play the music on but mine doesn't show up.

Does anyone would have an idea?

Thank you for your help!

Best!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@DEAL3R - Which app are you using? Spotify Connect is currently only available on iOS and android.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Just updated my soundtouch and spotify shows up. Unfortunately you need the premium account. Not liking this one bit.
Any way to allow free account to link to the soundtouch?

It's worth double checking uPnP is enabled on your internet router.

Spotify Connect (and playback through hardware devices like TVs) is a Premium only feature I'm afraid. If it supports airplay you could airplay from an Apple device though I think.

Peter

Hi 

I'm also having trouble connecting to Bose SoundTouch.

I have run updates for Soundtouch and Spotify. I am a Spotify premium subscriber, but I don't see where Spotify connect is, or the advised speaker icon in the 'Now Playing' area.

Help

Cheers

Marked as solution

@DEAL3R - Which app are you using? Spotify Connect is currently only available on iOS and android.

Peter

Ah. Cheers Peter. Explains why I can use it on my phone and ipad, but not my laptop.

Hi
I am using spotify premium on both iPhone and iPad ..both iOS 8.1
Cannot see my soundtouch
Soundtouch system and apps are updated as well

Good Morning,

I am having problems on the use of my spotify in my soundtouch 20. It connects ok, but the music freezes every time, and this just happens when using Spotify, anyone got the same problem? Any thoughts on how to solve it??

Thanks

The salesman said my new  SoundTouch 30/20 Bose would stream ( Premium member ) Spotify!! so I bought. Doesn't ----  but I am wondering if I can stream "saved music" in "offline mode"? Has anyone found an answer to streaming Spotify? ( even if it is in a limited form )

BFM

Same here. Playback of spotify connect seems to freeze (going into PAUSE mode) more frequently with tracks longer than 4/5 mins?!?! Switching to AirPlay solves the issue.
I've also noticed that freezing events of spotify connect happen more frequently since the latest SoundTouch20 software update.
This seems to me the only glitch on an overall awesome product (and not being able to select AUX mode from the mobile app!). Looking forward to the next software update to fix the problem.

I have exactly Same problem. I am premium suscriber...

I am on Spotify premium. I have two devices and cannot connect with either.  I have followed the advice given but I do not see the connect button as I try to connect to the Bose Soudtouch device. It is very frustrating...

I have the same darn problem, just both bose cinemate 130 and this wifi adapter. Webbradio works good, but with spotify i cant find the devide (cinemate) under connect........... DO i need to change to breziser or what the name was... Give me answers! 

I can get web radio too and after several hours managed to connect my tablet so that I can get Spotify.  However, I am unable to link the laptop to both.  It should be easy to do, but clearly it isn't!

How did you do it With your phone to the system. I have try all day and night. Then don't find one an other. The web radio works grate but I can't for the life of me get the other to work. I will call Bose tomorrow and ask what it is they sold me.. This is un accepted..

Greetings. Perhaps you haven't read my latest blog. Bose admits that you
cannot stream premium or other Spotify through Bose. I at first bought
Bose, sales advice !, and then returned it since it could not perform to my
purchase requirements. Then bought Sonos and I get just it just the way I
want. For Spotify, give up Bose. BFM

spotify + bose soundtouch = hopeless

i am so extremely disappointed on these 2 great companies which i had all my respect to.

i spents so much buying the sound touch 30/20/portable seems like spotfiy is failing me.

i have no choice but to leave spotify. 

Hey before you do that enquire from Spotify for I am sure I read that they
had modified recently their programme to cope with Bose. BFM

bose and spotify. two premium brands but there are problems..

I can not use my spotify on bose properly. music freezes 4 or 5 times at one song! when I chose air play, there is no problem but I can only select air play via macbook itunes. I do not have option to choose airpaly via iphone and ipad...

Hello - I am still having this problem, the music freezes every 30 seconds or so and completely destroys the listening experience! Do you know if this had been addressed in latest updates or have any tips as to how I can overcome the problem? Thanks!

Suggested posts