Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Equipment

1. Router - Linksys EA8100

2. Connecting over wifi to Arcam R-Play 

Spotify connect doesn’t work and Other Devices / Airplay option not stable 

When the Arcam R-play is connected  as wired LAN to the router Spotify connect no issues ; problems only via Wifi.  

Based on separate legacy troubleshooting I found online re: issues with Sonos / Spotify / Linksys I’ve tried checking the multicast option on router but still doesn’t work

My current working solution is I created a separate wifi network using an Apple TimeMachine hard wired to the Linksys router.  Perfect - but not an ideal solution 

Any ideas why the Linksys doesn’t like the Arcam R-play .... I even matched them over WPS but that marriage didn’t work either 😞

3 Replies

Hey @User76.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like your network might be congested. If you have the possibility, we recommend using a LAN cable in such situations. If this isn't an option, here's a few things you can try:

• Switch from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz as 2.4 has better range and can penetrate walls better
  • Try a different channel
  • Place the router and music-streamer closer to eachother

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi - thanks for your advice but that isn’t the problem here. Already connected on the 2.4G network. It’s a Linksys specific problem with Spotify connect through the latest firmware upgrades to Arcam.

I will need to raise the problem with Linksys

Sorry to open an old thread but did you ever hear back from Linksys? Having same issue with Spotify connect and sure it’s a router / port issue

Suggested posts