Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Highlighted

Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Casual Listener

Equipment

1. Router - Linksys EA8100

2. Connecting over wifi to Arcam R-Play 

Spotify connect doesn’t work and Other Devices / Airplay option not stable 

When the Arcam R-play is connected  as wired LAN to the router Spotify connect no issues ; problems only via Wifi.  

Based on separate legacy troubleshooting I found online re: issues with Sonos / Spotify / Linksys I’ve tried checking the multicast option on router but still doesn’t work

My current working solution is I created a separate wifi network using an Apple TimeMachine hard wired to the Linksys router.  Perfect - but not an ideal solution 

Any ideas why the Linksys doesn’t like the Arcam R-play .... I even matched them over WPS but that marriage didn’t work either 😞

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Spotify Legend

Hey @User76.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like your network might be congested. If you have the possibility, we recommend using a LAN cable in such situations. If this isn't an option, here's a few things you can try:

• Switch from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz as 2.4 has better range and can penetrate walls better
  • Try a different channel
  • Place the router and music-streamer closer to eachother

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted

Re: Linksys Router - Spotify Connect - Arcam

Casual Listener
Hi - thanks for your advice but that isn’t the problem here. Already connected on the 2.4G network. It’s a Linksys specific problem with Spotify connect through the latest firmware upgrades to Arcam.

I will need to raise the problem with Linksys
SUGGESTED POSTS