Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Loading... [Windows Phone]

Loading... [Windows Phone]

God I wish I could leave Spotify for another service, with programmers who knows what they're doing and customer support that knows how to answer anything else than 'reinstall the app', ‘restart’ or some other stupid answer from their manuscript. But luckily for you, you don't have any real competition so you can pretty much get away with anything (no quality control needed). Spotify are probably the ones killing Windows Phone sales, with their app which only sais 'Loading...'. I’m not one of those people who have a lot of apps on their phone, I pretty much only got Spotify and a couple more. I never understood why people buy an overpriced iPhone or Android phone. For me, Windows Phone is what I want. The only drawback is the Spotify app which is stuck loading. I don’t have any issues with wifi in other apps, just Spotify. My phone is a Lumia 640 (Windows 10) and I bet I’m not alone with the issue.

wp_ss_20160405_0002.pngwp_ss_20160405_0003.pngwp_ss_20160405_0004.pngwp_ss_20160405_0005.pngwp_ss_20160405_0006.pngwp_ss_20160405_0007.pngwp_ss_20160405_0008.pngwp_ss_20160405_0009.pngwp_ss_20160405_0010.pngwp_ss_20160405_0011.pngwp_ss_20160405_0012.pngwp_ss_20160405_0013.pngwp_ss_20160405_0014.pngwp_ss_20160405_0015.pngwp_ss_20160405_0016 1.pngwp_ss_20160405_0016.pngwp_ss_20160405_0017 1.pngwp_ss_20160405_0017.png

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...
30 Replies

My wife has EXACTLY the same problem with her account. Mine works well on the same exact phone, with the same exact install. The WP client is buggy as hell. 

I have a loading problem too, but mine is just with mesajes. I have uninstalled spotify like three times already and used a program to clean up my system but it just keep loading.

I have the same exact issues. It's ridiculous - no other apps on WP10 have issues like this. WP, for me, has no issues other than app developers who don't give a crap. I just had to start using Groove this morning since it wouldn't work and kept "loading"

How about the mystical "offline mode" with no option to reset, while you're on wifi and cellular?????

Hi everyone. I have the same issue on Lumia 640. It got worse when I've updated to Windows 10 - all my songs from "Songs" just disappeard.
Does anybody faced the same failure?

Same exact issue. It constantly cycles through gaining and dropping the network. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and have also verified that it drops regardless of Wi-fi and cellular data connections, both of which were stable and able to load info for other programs. Not sure if they're waiting for the UWA to drop for Xbox to update their Windows app, but they're about to lose me as a subscriber. The primary reason I began paying the subscription was so that I could have full use of mobile features. Those features are now rendered useless since I switched from Android to WP. If I'm going to pay for a streaming service then I'm going to pay for one that works. I will be switching to Groove until the issue is resolved. Which is a shame because it lacks the excellent curation, playlist, and discovery features of Spotify. Fix your Windows app and I will once again be a paying subscriber.

Edit: Using Lumia 950, up to date. Have cancelled my subscription.

This issue only affects Premium accounts it seems. I created a new account and subscribed to all playlists I want to listen to as a temporary workaround. But I doubt there will ever be a fix. Spotify just doesn't care.

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...

Hi,

I have a similar problem me too with my Lumia 635 (Windows Phone 8.1). Finally, I just switch to Deezer, because it seems to work efficiently on WP.

I have the issues with a Free Account, I never subscribe to Spotify Premium, because I have many bugs with the platform (Web player and mobile app), and I don't plan to change my phone for one buggy app 🙂

Hope it helps.

I have similar proble, on my Lumia 950 and previous 820. I'm starting to think about Deezer too.

I'm in the same boa as these folks Spotify....Not only frustrated with your app, but with Windows for making a great phone, but one that no one can seem to create stable apps for. I didn't have any issues when I 1st joined Spotify after buying the new Lumia 650 last year. Then joined premium so I could save the music and use with or without data signal. Then started having issues with "off-line" mode even when phone had data signal. And since I was paying for premium, it should have still worked in off-line mode, but never did. Then dropped premium because I wasn't going to pay for a glichy app. Still having same issues after un-installing and re-installing several times. Everyone in the phone/app business sucks. User experience for everything is frustrating these past couple of years across the board. I rememer a time when technology worked and things didn't have to be updated everyday just causing more issues after fixing a couple.

Guess I'll just have to go back to using my ipod classic from 2004 (which still works fine), buying music the old fashiond way, or listening to the radio for FREE. Spotify started out as a music pirate platform, why should they be allowed to stay in business after all the millions of dollars they robbed of artists anyway. They won't be getting anymore of my money.

how is it that this issue is around for a year now? i never had any issues on my nokia 930, but spotify really drove me insane. the only one app i really need on a smart phone is spotify, yet it just does not work. i have exactly the same issue as described here, which now ultimately forced me to buy an iphone, because there the app seems to work as intended. unfortunately spotify for me still has the best feature-set, the only reason why i have not cancelled the service yet. but i hope they start caring about their windows phone customers, and soon, even though they might not be numerous.

Today this problem occured for the first time to my Lumia 950. Terminating the app (several times) did not help, but a restart of the phone seemed to have fixed the problem (at least for me).

Nice of the people from Spotify to answer this thread... been happening to me for over 6 months, pathetic won't be renewing my sub ever. Deleted the app well over 20 times, wiped my phone 5 times, updated phone regularly and so far had about 10 mins of the app working

I think Spotify team has just stopped the updates for the Windows Phone app...I wait an update since September, when the last update restore the old bugs with my Lumia 635. Maybe a miracle will happen...but from Spotify, I don't expect that.

Communication is really a major problem of Spotify : maybe WP updates are stopped, but we never receive a notice about that. We don't know if the developers try to fix the bug. I think we will never know that...so disastrous.

Hi!

I'm seeing the same problem. I love Windows 10 and my phone runs smooth, Got a lumia 950 XL and it's awsome. Don'nt need much apps and the browser works great so I'm good.

Spotify on the other hand won't even start... I just get a message saying "Error: The sound could not be started, please restart the application" (My own translation from swedish)

(I have reinstalled, have it on the phone not sd card etc. tried everything)

If spotify would even make a simple app... start off small.

I'm using Groove music, Love it and it works so good, but all my family, friends etc are using Spotify.

wp_ss_20170127_0001.png

if they don't want to update the app, why not saying so officially? also, what is the issue with opening at least the possibility to use play.spotify.com on the mobile browser? i read it is a strategic decision? why? as of now i have a premium membership which is worthless, as offline or online usage of the mobile app is impossible.

The Web player needs Flash Player and most of mobile browsers are unable to manage Flash content, including in Windows Phone.

If the Web player could work with HTML5, the use of Web player on mobile could be possible.

Restarting the phone does not help (or does not help enough). The Loading... messages never seem to come to an end, and while it is 'Loading...' no interaction with the app is possible. It will start playing if you manage to navigate to the song or Shuffle button that you want to play. But getting there is a real pain.

If I remember, it worked better with Windows Phone 8.1 but going back is not an option. 

I have a phone with Windows Phone 8.1 and I don't have "Loading..." messages, but the player stops responding after two songs.

For me, that's not better... 😞

Same problem  here.  I already thought it might be caused by the SD card, but moving the app to phone memory doesn't help. 

Suggested posts