Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging into Integra DTR-40.5

Logging into Integra DTR-40.5

I've disconnected myself from Facebook so I believe I am only logging in with a Spotify account.  When I try to log into my receiver I get an error and wants to take me back to manage accounts.  I've found on Spotify's site about logging in with a numerical login.  Where do I find what that is unless there is another series of steps I am suppose to do.  Thanks.

16 Replies

Hi. You can get a device password here.

I see where to change the password on that page but no a device password other than a mobile device.

Screenshot - 08_04_2014 , 23_54_09.png

I must have to have a premium account to see that screen because all I see is the profile screen.  I even tried the url in your image (us in place of uk) and I only go to the profile screen.

Oh sorry. Yes, you need a premium account to use spotify on a partner hardware device.

Thanks I'll give it a try.  I won't be able to test the device until this weekend.

I can't test this on the receiver yet but I just signed up for premium.  I click the link for device password and I am still going to the profile page.  Might that be because I am not "hooked" to my facebook account and that is only needed when logging in via a facebook account.  Also might it just work when I am able to test on the device.  I question that because my daughter has a premium subscription and I tried her account but was unable to login but she signs in via her FB account.  Thanks for all the suggestions BTW.

Ah. In that case, you should be able to log in with your spotify username and password but if your account was linked to facebook then you would need to request a device password.

How or where do I request that.  I've sent an email to Spotify but no reply and that was 8 days ago.

Now I'm confused. You said you r account is not linked to facebook so you should be able to log in with your spotify username and password without the need for a device password.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/Play-Hardware-Devices/?in=search

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I was trying to give you the entire "picture".  It's not linked to FB anymore thinking that may have been the problem.  I tried logging in to the receiver before and after I had it linked to FB.  What I am reading is I DO need a device login / password to log into my receiver because I started with linking it to FB and from the help pages when I click it, it takes me to my profile and not somewhere to request the device password.

I just got a reply from Spotify saying my account was signed up with Spotify originally and not through FB so should be able to without device password.  I said I can't test until this weekend.  We'll see what happens.

It worked !!  Signing up for a Premium account AND not having it signin with my FB credentials fixed it.  Thanks for the help !!

Great - enjoy your music 🙂

Hi there,

Trying connect my Integra DTR-70.4 device to spotify but it keeps giving me an Error: 

Spotify Login

Login Error. Please check your account information. For help with your password, visit www.spotify.com. 

Then the options are to go "back" or to "manage account"

I am a premium softify user, I am not logged into spotify via Facebook, I have also reset my password  here https://www.spotify.com/nz/account/change-password/ even making my password really simple but I have still not having any luck connecting my Integra DTR-70.4 with spotify. 

I read the community post about "logging into the DTR-40.5" which told users to go to reset their password for their devices at https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/set-device-password/ but there is no such URL for New Zealand. 

I have tried using the Integra and Onkyo apps,and get the same error above. 

The office I work at uses sonos speakers and their app works so easly with spotify - can you please please give me some clear steps on how I can get my integra apps and devices working with Spotify. 

Cheers
Bruce. 

Have you tried typing the IP number of your DTR ? Also I have to start
Onkyo first and then start Spotify. Sorry it's been a long time since I set
mine up.

Suggested posts