Login to Logitech SmartRadio, Says I don't have a premium account when I do

Solved!

Login to Logitech SmartRadio, Says I don't have a premium account when I do

todea
Regular

Title says it all.

When I attempt to login to spotify on the device, it claims I don't have a premium account. My account is up to date and I've tried various things. Help please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Login to Logitech SmartRadio, Says I don't have a premium account when I do

IanB44
Regular

login to spotify using your facebook account

click on your name then select account

you should then be able to verify you have a premium account and confirm your username

If you login with facebook, you need to create a password so you can login to your devices with your spotify username.

There is an option to create a spotify password if you have not done so, just not sure exactly where.

11 Replies

IanB44
Regular

It does work - are you  logging in using facebook ? if so there is an option on the spotify site to craete a spotify password for mobile devices.

todea
Regular

I get the usual mobile Spotify login page on my phone (the radio controller is an iphone app) and enter in my details like I have for all my devices. It DOES log me in, just says I don't have a premium account.

Maybe I don't know what you mean? 

Thanks for responding!

IanB44
Regular

did you set up your account initially using your facebook id ?

todea
Regular

Yes, but didn't click any button to "login with facebook" or anything. I thought my user id was fixed based on my facebook account. I've also logged in to my iphone and 2 ipads just fine with the premium account. Again, it does log in successfully, it doesn't reject my credentials - just says I do not have a premium account and should go do spotify to buy one.

What's your idea for a solution?

Highlighted
Solution!

IanB44
Regular

login to spotify using your facebook account

click on your name then select account

you should then be able to verify you have a premium account and confirm your username

If you login with facebook, you need to create a password so you can login to your devices with your spotify username.

There is an option to create a spotify password if you have not done so, just not sure exactly where.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi todea - I can see you just upgraded to Premium today.

Please take a look at this post as it addresses your very issue: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-upgraded-Not-getting-Premium/td-p/23...

If you have any other issues give us a shout. 

todea
Regular

I didn't just upgrade to premium today. I had actually cancelled earlier this month, but my subscription valid until 1/29.

When the login didn't work, even though my premium was still active, I changed the status to renew on 1/29 instead of being cancelled, hoping that would help.

Thanks for the responses! I'll go try it all.

todea
Regular

Thanks for the responses! I'll go try it all.

Re: Thanks for the responses! I'll go try it all.

todea
Regular

Yeah, the "just upgraded" thing doesn't apply. My premium account has been active and just set to expire on 1/29. I instead decided to renew when I got the radio.

SUGGESTED POSTS