Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebook not working on windows phone 8

Login with facebook not working on windows phone 8

Hi,

I have a Lumia 925 and just downloaded the spotify app from the store. I see a link to log in with facebook but can not activate it... i'm unable to login to the app.

I have a premium account for a month through a gift card which is now totally useless to me. Is this a bug in the app and if so when will it get fixed?

Best Regards,

Peter

9 Replies

Do you have the facebook app installed and set up with your facebook login details?

yes, i have and on facebook app itself there are no problems.

nevermind... figured it out.

you have to enter your facebook password.... is it just me or can they be more clear on how the login works?

Simply changing the message to "use your spotify or facebook username and password to log in" would be better then "login with facebook or spotify"

problem solved

Hello, I have same problem as Peter, I have Nokia 930, Spotify installed from Store. I have premium account connected throught Facebook.  After I tried login to Spotify on Lumia 930, filled mail and password, app tried to connect but nothing happened.

Maybe will be solution to change login from Facebook to Spotify login, but I don´t know how to do this.

Please help me, thank you.

Hi,

Coincidentally, I have a lumia 930 too now (925  was unfortunately stolen)...

But I have no problem anymore!

I just installed the app again yesterday (after not having cared for it for a long time!). The thing is, you don't fill in the facebook account on the login page. It is very misleading (mentioned several times to spotify) but you need to tap the login with facebook button. Then you can enter the password you use to connect to facebook.

Hope it helps.

Peter

Thanks for quick reply Peter, but I´m afraid no 😞

My procedure:

I start app (I uninstall and install again)

First start app

App started - In left corner Log in

In black background ther are tow kinds of login -  first in blue background - Log in with Facebook - redirect to web browser - Facebook login - I fill mail+pass  - click on blue Log in.

Redirect back to app, green dots goes from left to right and then nothing 😞

Is that procedure right?

I click on blue button

I'm then presented with a page from Facebook (this is a web page so it seems).

I fill in my credentials of facebook and the page closes and logs into Spotify.

Green dots going from left to right

Done...

I can see a bunch of albums that I can play

Hope it helps

Thanks, but still with no luck. I tried in other Lumia 820 with my FB account and everything okay.

So now I´m little lost, I tried everything, uninstall FB and Spotify apps, install again, search for some setup in phone, nothing.

Last chance is to set phone to factory settings and try again.

But anyway thanks for you help.

Sorry to hear that... did you try to restart your phone? It's lame but sometimes it does help.

Seeing how I also have a 930, there should not be a reason it doesn't work.

If that doesn't work I think you need to try to find more direct support from Spotify.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Suggested posts