Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logitech Squeezebox Touch - Region Problem

Logitech Squeezebox Touch - Region Problem

Reading the postings from about a year ago, I see this is a common problem, but I do not see any solution being put forward.

Every week I search for tracks to listen to when we have friends in.  I scan the tracks on my PC and put them in to a playlist.  I then listen via the Logitech Squeezebox Touch and my sound system.  Several times in the course of the evening it stops with the message "This Track is Not Available in Your Region".  Well it is on my PC or I would not have selected it!!!   The problem seems to be getting worse.

I have assumed that it is because on my computer I am listen as a European, but the Squeezbox App probably directs me to a US site, where some of the tracks are not available.

This needs fixing, as it makes you want to give up on legal music if the providers are going to treat you like this.  The fact that all of the copyright holders are living in the past is not helpful.  What is the concept of a region today anyway! 

Does Spotify have a solution to this problem?

6 Replies

Is there already a solution to this problem? I am still experiencing this with my Squeezebox Touch.

I think you'll find this is down to the way Logitech implemented the spotify API. Have you seen this discussion on their site?

So neither Logitech nor Spotify are addressing this problem after three years? I can play without any problems from anywhere, except of my squeezeboxes where I get the "This track is not available in your region" error. Upgrading to UE Radio is not an option for me.

Try using the 3rd party App for Spotify from Triode (this is only possible if you are using your own Squeezebox Server) and check the option "Always Stream via Helper". This will disable hardware streaming through Squeezebox, which is the reason for this region problem and which most likely will not be fixed by Logitech any more... This workaround worked perfectly for me.

I have upgraded to UE Radio, but it doesn’t help

Try resetting the squeezebox and then set your language then the region to America instead of Europe.

It helped me so now I play all music!

Best regards

Ilija

Suggested posts