Premium

Country

UK

Device

Gaming PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to open my 110 song playlist in the web player, it shows an eternal loading icon after listing 100 songs. I've tried logging out and using it in different browsers but nothing works. The playlist is still viewable in full on my IOS spotify app. And now more worryingly when I try to access the 'songs' section of my library, it only shows a very small number of the songs I've saved.

4 Replies

The same thing is happening to me. Almost my entire library is gone, and I'm really worried that it's just been deleted.

I ended up downloading the free desktop app and everything's still available in that so give that a go. I'm just using that now but the web player's still not working.

Hey @Vetch24 and @butwevegotheart

There were many people with similar issues, it turned out they had some Spotify-related entries in their hosts file that affected the Spotify players.

You'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure. 🙂

Try this:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Im still having the same problem. Long library is not loading after the first 100 songs. Running on Win7, Chrome browser, premium account. 

I tried the above fix but I do not have any entries in my host file related to Spotify. Please help as this is quite frustrating, especially for a service that we are paying for.

Suggested posts