Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Loud volume ads

Re: Loud volume ads

AckermannSLG
Visitor

Obnoxiously loud Telus ad today around 10 Eastern in Atlantic Canada. Literally painful to my ears loud. Had to turn it my volume down by 40%

Also the Reese's movie ad Canada which came on  right after  uses  disruptive balancing to create the illusion of someone whispering in your ear which I hated. Please remove or change both ads, I actually quite listening for the day because I don't want to have my ears blasted or get creeped out by a whisper in my ear effect again today. Guess I will stream from Google Play for the next little while instead. 

spwnodarkness
Casual Listener
  • The market/ country you're in: San Diego, CA, USA
  • What the ad was for: Mossy Nissan
  • What music/ podcast you were listening to: Calming music meant to help me focus
  • Did it have disruptive sound effects like car noises? It's very loud compared to the music preceding it.
  • Version: 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f for Windows 7

Where is the normalize volume option for ads that was reported implemented? I see it for songs, but not ads.

NoReduceAdNoiseOption.pngNoReduceAdNoiseOption2.png

Hey @spwnodarkness@AckermannSLG@es02@LordSpyx,

Thanks for reporting those ads to us :)

We've passed on the information you provided us with to the relevant team.

Take care!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

GeminiLH
Visitor

My problem is not ads, because they seem to respect the volume, but my problem is Sportify advertising itself.  I like music fairly loud, but my speakers get all fuzzy with "On The Regular" blasting.   While they have used this song for months (and I'm personally sick of it, but that is beside the point) it has only been somewhere in the last one or two months that it has caused speaker distortion, too.  

Edit: I spoke too soon.  Channel Chance commercial came on and that was horrible on my speakers (and ears)

Highlighted

KlayTitan
Visitor

Getting this as well. This one in particular is like double the volume of the music. I have to turn it down from 100% to like 40% every time it comes on.

I got normalize volume on, but it's obviously not working for this and some other ads run in the same area. Its the first one that plays every time there is an ad break and I'm sick of it.

Annotation 2019-08-08 224702.png

ari-x
Casual Listener

I had a problem with Byju's app ad, the volume was too loud. I was using the web player. It continued till the spotify features that are put along with the ads.

I was listening to

https://open.spotify.com/track/1IFWBBQJBpeAVhxsMFrZSh

bertje23
Visitor

In the Netherlands, add for Coolblue is way too loud

• Name of ad or product that was being advertised: Coolblue
  • Rough time/date you heard the advert: 31-08 21:15
  • Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc) 
  • Operating System (iOS/Android or desktop/Mac): Android
  • Version number of the Spotify app: 8.5.20.857

f7b5jefwttoeud7
Casual Listener
All ads in the Netherlands are to load.
All ads in general are to loud.
Spotify should normalize them all as they do with all the music

Hey @bertje23,

Thanks for reporting that ad - we've passed on the info to the right team.

Take care!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS