Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Loud volume ads

Re: Loud volume ads

gonzalezchris92

Every time the Mossy Nissan ad comes on I need to rip my earbuds out of my ears, it's incredibly loud and sharp
and there's no warning, either, just jumps right into it "MOSSY NISSAN! Mossy moves YOU!"

Caldaria

Every single ad in Germany is louder than the music. That makes them too loud by default. Why? Because I already listen to music at higher volumes.

Instead of going through the hassle of pin-pointing specific ads, all you have to do is make all ads subject to normalization. I use headphones. Do you seriously think your ads won't be loud enough? Seriously?

The only reason I am looking for third-party solutions is because of the ear-piercing volume of those ads, not because of the ads themselves. I don't mind listening to them. Ask yourself the following: Do you really think it's a good idea to damage our ears when your product relies on our ability to hear in the first place?

Please normalize ad volume so they won't be louder than the music we listen to. The way you're doing things right now is counter-productive.

f7b5jefwttoeud7
Casual Listener
+1000

That's what I also said.
Why do we need to reports loud ads?
Spotify has all the tools to spot them themselves.

AbsoluteMadman

Name of ad or product that was being advertised.: Mobile On The Run, St. Louis, MO Market Rough time/date you heard the advert.: Afternoon, 6/8/2019 Platform the issue occurred on: Desktop Operating System: Windows 10 Version number of the Spotify app.: 1.1.8.439

annoyeduser6
Casual Listener

I began contacting the companies directly if their ads are too loud. Seems like they are a lot more pro-active. 

I don't want to waste my time doing this every day though, so I just installed an application that mutes the volume during ads..... silence is bliss. 

f7b5jefwttoeud7
Casual Listener
Can you tell us the name of this application?

annoyeduser6
Casual Listener

Search Google for "EZBlocker"

Re: Re: Turn down the volume of loud ads - Status changed to: Under investigation

LordSpyx

Name of ad or product that was being advertised.

Outpatient Center, Sussex Campus (Cancer Awareness)

Rough time/date you heard the advert.

6:50pm EST — June 18th, 2019

Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc) 

Desktop

Operating System (iOS/Android or desktop/Mac).

Windows

Version number of the Spotify app.

1.1.8.439.g8502297d (Windows Store version)

Additional Information:

—I was listening to Shinedown

—Link to the advertiser information can be found here

This ad was horribly loud compared to my music. I had my volume up pretty high, and the ad doubled in volume. Blew my ear drums out.

Re: Re: Turn down the volume of loud ads - Status changed to: Need more info

es02
  • Name of ad or product that was being advertised. Hinge
  • Rough time/date you heard the advert. Every single day for the last week
  • Platform the issue occurred on: Mobile
  • Operating System. Android
  • Version number of the Spotify app. 8.5.10.774
  • Market: Australia

As I have communicated directly to Hinge, starting your ad with an ear piercing bleep without warning coupled with Spotify's insistence on raising the Ad volume 5-10db above previous track is causing actual hearing damage.

I am within a hairsbreadth of uninstalling permanently.

Re: Re: Turn down the volume of loud ads - Status changed to: Need more info

seabertson

Why are the community mods lying? Think we believe it? This issue isn't being investigated. 

Please stop linking to that "resolved issue" thread. It's fake, and doesn't solve the issue. You guys are trolling your own community.

SUGGESTED POSTS