Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume when casting Spotify

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for all your valuable information.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Metrix14

Anyone?

I tried to switch to Deezer this morning and it was so loud and good quality.

If there are no fix I'm really considering switching even if I prefer spotify content...

Metrix14

? 😞

or3n

I wonder if they turned on Volume Normalization for casting (without a way to disable it) and that's what we are seeing.  There needs to be a setting for this IMO.

Roy35

I have the exact same problem

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Would you mind letting us know if you notice anything new after performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

We'd also suggest making sure that your speakers are running their latest firmware version. 

Keep us posted. 

Roy35

I still have this problem of low volume when casting spotify to Harman Kardon Google smartspeaker after the following actions:

- clean reinstall of the spotify

- factory reset of the Harman Kardon

- reset of routers

casting device; iphone 12

Version of spotify app: 8.6.12.1032

firmwareversion of google cast: 1.40.168834

see also: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Low-volume-casting-with-Chromecast-Audio/idi-p/48900...

it is really annoying, very low volume when casting spotify so you have to double the volume of your system. If somebody then turns on the television the windows almost blow out

Novy

Hey @Roy35

Thanks for this info. 

If possible, could you try to cast from a different device and let us know if the issue persists? 

You can also ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your phone to see if they can replicate this. 

Let us know how it goes.

Roy35

Hello Novy, yes it happen from every device in the house: iphone 12, ipad air and iphone 8. All on latest ios14.4.2

it even happens when i ask Google Assistsnt to play something on Spotify. The volume then drops dramatically. If I then ask Google Assistant play radio on TuneIn the volum gets back to normal.

Novy

Hi @Roy35

Thanks for your reply. 

We'd recommend making sure that all devices are connected to the same WiFi network. 

If possible, you could also try using a different internet connection to see if you notice anything new. 

Keep us posted.

Roy35
Yes all the devices are on the same network. I only have one network in my house.

There are al lot of people with this problem, since end of 2019 already. Why is there no proper solution?