Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

Low volume when casting spotify

Highlighted

Low volume when casting spotify

Casual Listener

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Low volume when casting spotify

Casual Listener

Anyone?

I tried to switch to Deezer this morning and it was so loud and good quality.

If there are no fix I'm really considering switching even if I prefer spotify content...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

? 😞

Highlighted

Regular

I wonder if they turned on Volume Normalization for casting (without a way to disable it) and that's what we are seeing.  There needs to be a setting for this IMO.

SUGGESTED POSTS