Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Lumia 1520] Does not play or sync - No Connection Available

Solved!

[Lumia 1520] Does not play or sync - No Connection Available

I have upgraded my phones to the new Lumia 1520, and loving it for the most part. However, Spotify is only useful to log in and "see" my playlists. I cannot sync for offline nor can I even play when on LTE or Wifi. I am a Premium user, and this is very disappointing. It says Connection Type "None" and "No Network Available!". If that was the case, how did I sign in to the app using my premium account (which is facebook linked and uses facebook to log in)?

I have seen this issue in various posts dating back to last year all the way to the past month. Unless this can be fixed soon, I will be cancelling my subscription as music is part of my daily routine. I have brought over at least 20 family members and friends  by convincing them Spotify was better, but it seems that is only for desktop and Android users. As most of us are switching to Windows Phone 8 devices, this does not bode well.

Can we at least get an update for the bug, workaround, or something of acknowledgement?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This might seem like a strange idea, but can you follow the steps in this help page to set a device password and retrieve your numerical Spotify username and see if logging in using those details works? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@mjgerrard wrote:

Sadly this didn't help!

I am now logged in as my 1150xxxx username, having reset the password.

My playlists show up, but I get similar behaviour as before - no ability to play or download.

Offline and Sync Management tells me that no network connection is available, though it let me log in and can refresh the ""what's new" section. If I select one of the what's new albums, the list of tracks shows up. Attempting to play a track results in the progress "dots" at the top of the app sliding along endlessly and no music ever plays.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

M.

One extra note for you that may have influenced me. I had uninstalled the app from my phone yesterday and so did my other family members. You can try removing the app, power cycle phone, reinstall app then try logging in with device id and password.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I'd also like to second this.

I picked up a Nokia Lumia 520 a couple of days ago with a view to figuring out whether I like Windows Phone or not. I like it that much, that I'm going to commit to a 24 month contract on a 1520 when my contract is up very soon. My Android Galaxy S3 will be retired.

Literally the only app that I NEED to work (As a premium subscriber too) is the Spotify app.

Rest assured, I'll be moving to Windows Phone, I just won't be taking Spotify with me - I'll move to a competitor, if you guys can't get the App features and stability right on this platform as you have with others. I suspect I won't be alone.

I can log in, see all my playlists, but I'm unable to play any of the tracks or download any of them. Really disappointed. Please can you assist?

Are you guys logging in via Facebook? 

Peter

@Peter wrote:

Are you guys logging in via Facebook? 

Yes I am. I enter my Facebook credentials, then the code they send to use instead of the password. All my Playlists and Folders show up. Just not able to play any of it or download any of it, always shows that it is not connected (when NOT in offline mode).

Marked as solution

This might seem like a strange idea, but can you follow the steps in this help page to set a device password and retrieve your numerical Spotify username and see if logging in using those details works? 

Peter

Ha, seriously? I say that because..... logging in using my facebook ID (the number), and a device password I set (after reinstalling the app on the phone)..... worked. It is syncing, downloading for offline, and playing lists now. So, while it deed seem like a strange idea.... it worked perfectly! I will pass this along to my family members facing the same issue and see how it goes. If it works for all of them, I may just have to resume my membership and cancel the trial at XBox Music.

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it 🙂

Thanks for responding!

I'm trying to do this, but sadly for some reason I never receive my email to reset the Device ID password! Will give it some time to see if it turns up in the post! Will report back either way.

M.

Sadly this didn't help!

My playlists show up, but I get similar behaviour as before - no ability to play or download.

Offline and Sync Management tells me that no network connection is available, though it let me log in and can refresh the ""what's new" section. If I select one of the what's new albums, the list of tracks shows up. Attempting to play a track results in the progress "dots" at the top of the app sliding along endlessly and no music ever plays.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

M.

Are you roaming or using a mobile network which is a virtual provider (running on someone elses network)? 

Peter

I'm on Wifi only.

But technically yes. I'm with the 3 network in the UK, which uses Orange/T-Mobile/EE.

Marked as solution

@mjgerrard wrote:

Sadly this didn't help!

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

M.

One extra note for you that may have influenced me. I had uninstalled the app from my phone yesterday and so did my other family members. You can try removing the app, power cycle phone, reinstall app then try logging in with device id and password.

Roger - will try!

Fantastic - seems to be working!

So fix was:

Uninstall

Reboot

Install

Thanks alot everyone for the contribution!

@mjgerrard wrote:

Fantastic - seems to be working!

So fix was:

Uninstall

Reboot

Install

Thanks alot everyone for the contribution!

Glad it worked for ya too 🙂

Thanks for letting us know! #Teamwork guys! 🙂 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Suggested posts