Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MOVE THE HIDE SONG BUTTON

MOVE THE HIDE SONG BUTTON

SPOTIFY DEVELOPERS: When listening to the Song Radio, can you please please PLEASE move the "Hide Song" button DOWN so that it's NOT at the top of the list. You guys must have just put in this feature because I've managed to hide (and subsequently skip) every song I've liked on the radio every time I go to add it to a playlist. The "Add to Playlist" feature was always at the top of the list, and I LOVED it that way! No muss, no fuss! But now I keep skipping my songs and have to go and Un-Hide all my favourite songs... Please, you wonderful spotify developers - you've done an incredible job for all the years I've been using spotify, you keep it sharp and working well on every device I've had and haven't let me down yet. So please, for the love of all that is holy in this world and beyond, will you PLEASE move that FREAKING button down the bottom of the list where it belongs?? You would have my eternal gratitude. 

Seriously though, thank you for all that you guys do! Stay safe out there eh! 🙂

17 Replies

Hey there @sarcasmduchess

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the hide feature with us. 

We're sure other users will also like it, so go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Yes please, I came here to say exactly this. I just updated my Spotify and this is *so* annoying and such a terrible place to put that button. I’ve used Spotify for years, my muscle memory of how to add son I like quickly on the go relies on the buttons staying in the same place. Please. Do not. Move. The buttons. 

Thank you. 

So annoying! Why would I even need to hide a song if the playlist is curated for me? Much more likely I want to add it to a playlist.

I totally agree, I don't understand why you move those critical buttons; like the 3 vertical dots, they were fine at the bottom, right next to the control buttons, it was handy to click on the heart and then add it to a playlist...

Hey there @xmjpgx, @KM810 and @rebondur,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback as a comment in this idea. This way, you can show your support and contribute to the discussion around this, as well as stay updated with any news we have to pass on.

If you're curious about how an idea can get implemented, make sure to check out the Spotify Answers @Ivan shared above.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It’s still there in August!!! This feature is so annoying. 

Hey @nickbarna ,

Thank you for reaching out.

We actually have an idea about this. You can find it here. You can give the idea a + VOTE to show your support of the idea if you'd like to.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you also wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes. I specifically googled this simply because I wanted to see if I was the only one that had the same problem. Evidently not.. hope the devs listen to this and move the hide song button down lower on the menu 👍👍

please please please at least give us the option to move "Hide Song" to the bottom of the "..." options on mobile 

THIS X10000000000. PLEEEEEASE. you should at least have to scroll down on the "..." menu before "hide song" appears, if not put the option at the bottom of the menu. how is putting "hide song" right under "like song" conducive to user engagement

Hi there @huntc99,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

ok will do! thank you for the reply!!!!!

that idea is closed???

Hey @huntc99

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you look at the Status Update of the idea it states the idea hasn't been rejected by Spotify, but needs to get enough votes. This means the idea hasn't been closed and you can still vote for it.  

We also recommend taking a look here for more info about the idea process. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Why place a "hide song" button right next to the most used button "next track" in discover weekly!!! ? 

Basically you put "delete song" button next to most used button on spotify. 

And the best placement to reach on the whole screen.

Why edit discover weekly.. it will be gone next week. 

You use discover weekly to discover new songs you might want to add to a playlist. "Rock" "summer 2022" "February 2022" so an "add to last created playlist" might be better. 

Why paint a hotel room you only stay a week? 

this is totally wild, I bet the metadata for button use does NOT support the hide button being the top button. and why would you put it right next to the "add to playlist" and "save song" buttons! especially when hitting hide song has such dramatic ramifications... you lose, and skip, the song you were trying to save! really can't believe this is still the feature after 2+ years.

Yes I agree.  I have accidentally hidden dozens of songs that I like now and sometimes I don't even realize I've done it so I guess I won't ever hear those songs again and what a shame because I LIKE them.

Suggested posts