Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major bug with Windows Mobile app

Solved!

Major bug with Windows Mobile app

Whenever I try to launch my Spotify app on my Windows 10 Mobile phone, I get the following error: 

"The audio could not be started. Please restart the application."

Then it crashes. 

So the app is currently 100% broken. Fix please? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since Spotify is not fixing their major bugs for 4 f*****g months, I stopped paying for such a bad service and switched to D-E-E-Z-E-R premium+. Their app is much more reliable and I'm finally able to enjoy my music without such a Spotify-pain. So problem is solved for me...bye Spotify. 😄

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

After a bit of experimenting I find that Spotify won't load when WhatsApp is active. Closing WhatsApp before, or even while, Spotify is loading does the trick. I can have any number of apps active, and Spotify will load normal. Just not WhatsApp. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hey @frode789,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're here to help!

To get started, could you let us know the Spotify version you're using and the operating system of your device? Some screenshots of the error message would be extra helpful.

We'll see what we can suggest.

Hello.

Version of Spotify app: Don't know.. Can't launch the app to check the version number. But it is the lastest version that is avalible on Windows Mobile 10/WP8. 

It loads for a very long time, and then show me the error message that the "audio could not be started". Check attachement for image. 

wp_ss_20160812_0001.png

I have the same problem on latest windows 10 mobile production build (10586.545) on my lumia 950xl. Same error massage when I try to start spotify app. Reinstalled app from windows store, still same error massage 😦

Today Spotify is fine again on my phone☺ (didn't change or update anything). Just missing spotify connect. Hope app gets updated so we get spotify connect on windows 10 mobile.

And the option to SORT our playlists by date added.... 

Also having this problem on latest Production Preview build (on Annerversary Update). Needs to be fixed ASAP! Going on holiday tomorrow and want my Music!

Update!!

I just restarted my device (L650) and it seems to have fixed the problem. I assume it is something to do with an audio driver in W10M!

I have had this issue also for the past month or so. It will work only if I restart my phone. Other times that it finally loads, it may not start a song when I press on it. Again, a phone restart makes it work again, but I do not want to be having to restart my phone whenever I want to use Spotify.

Is anyone else finding this also? 

I´m having the same problem with my Windows 650 phone, running Spotify version 5.2.4.0.

I did not get audio until I restarted the phone.

I have the same problem on Lumia 950. Restart of the whole phone usualy helps but why other apps using audio work with no problem?

Same happening here on a fully updated LUMIA 950 XL. Just got the phone - this is a real pain..

@MaryC1 This is still broken. Every time I want to start spotify I need to restart the phone. 

Using a Lumia 950, OS version 10.0.14393.448, Spotify version 5.2.4.0

Same problem here. have to restart the phone to use Spotify. Must be some initiating problem where it tryes to connect to the "sound card".

Fix it please! It is a major issue!

Same problem here. I ducking hate Spotify for this stupid bug. I'm paying for premium service and all I get it's this bug. Come on. I do not want to restart my phone two times to listen to music. It is so frustrating!
wp_ss_20161217_0001.png
Marked as solution

Since Spotify is not fixing their major bugs for 4 f*****g months, I stopped paying for such a bad service and switched to D-E-E-Z-E-R premium+. Their app is much more reliable and I'm finally able to enjoy my music without such a Spotify-pain. So problem is solved for me...bye Spotify. 😄

I haven´t had any issues with this bug on my Lumia 950 XL since mid august. I restart my phone every night before charging, dont know if that helps. I have the premium subscription.

@fin11 wrote:

I restart my phone every night before charging, dont know if that helps

That is literally the single workaround posted above you :D. I don't restart my phone ever, nor do I want to - especially to launch an app.

Are you serious? Why to restart phone every night? That is not solution. Smartphones should work without restarting. Mine is almost 8 days up. But I want stable and working applications when I'm paying money for it. And this bug is annoying. It can appear soon after restart also.

I´ve always had a habit of restarting my mobile phones almost every night. I have no clue if this is why Spotify app works fine for me. I also had problems with the same error earlier, but then I also restarted my phone almost every night, so I´m not sure if it helps.  

Suggested posts