Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Major bug with Windows Mobile app

Solved!

Re: Major bug with Windows Mobile app

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same problem on Lumia 950. Restart of the whole phone usualy helps but why other apps using audio work with no problem?

EdgarTP
Regular

Same happening here on a fully updated LUMIA 950 XL. Just got the phone - this is a real pain..

tomzorz
Casual Listener

@MaryC1 This is still broken. Every time I want to start spotify I need to restart the phone. 

Using a Lumia 950, OS version 10.0.14393.448, Spotify version 5.2.4.0

joakim67

Same problem here. have to restart the phone to use Spotify. Must be some initiating problem where it tryes to connect to the "sound card".

Fix it please! It is a major issue!

raduzak
Casual Listener
Same problem here. I ducking hate Spotify for this stupid bug. I'm paying for premium service and all I get it's this bug. Come on. I do not want to restart my phone two times to listen to music. It is so frustrating!
wp_ss_20161217_0001.png
Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Since Spotify is not fixing their major bugs for 4 f*****g months, I stopped paying for such a bad service and switched to D-E-E-Z-E-R premium+. Their app is much more reliable and I'm finally able to enjoy my music without such a Spotify-pain. So problem is solved for me...bye Spotify. :D

fin11
Regular

I haven´t had any issues with this bug on my Lumia 950 XL since mid august. I restart my phone every night before charging, dont know if that helps. I have the premium subscription.

tomzorz
Casual Listener

@fin11 wrote:

I restart my phone every night before charging, dont know if that helps

That is literally the single workaround posted above you :D. I don't restart my phone ever, nor do I want to - especially to launch an app.

raduzak
Casual Listener
Are you serious? Why to restart phone every night? That is not solution. Smartphones should work without restarting. Mine is almost 8 days up. But I want stable and working applications when I'm paying money for it. And this bug is annoying. It can appear soon after restart also.

fin11
Regular

I´ve always had a habit of restarting my mobile phones almost every night. I have no clue if this is why Spotify app works fine for me. I also had problems with the same error earlier, but then I also restarted my phone almost every night, so I´m not sure if it helps.  

SUGGESTED POSTS