Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Major bug with Windows Mobile app

Solved!

Re: Major bug with Windows Mobile app

renaudl
Casual Listener
Same for me ... Switched to deezer, spotify sucks on uwp

any_old_id

Something I've found that seems to work (well at least sometimes) is close down everything else that's running (Press and hold <-, close every open thing) then try again.

Fairly high success rate doing this.

Hoever Spotify - this is stupid! Why should we have to do that for a premium paid service? Other App's don't seem to have this issue. Are you trying to get exclusive access to the audio or something?

raduzak
Casual Listener
I am going to try that. Thanks.
Solution!

Computerblues

After a bit of experimenting I find that Spotify won't load when WhatsApp is active. Closing WhatsApp before, or even while, Spotify is loading does the trick. I can have any number of apps active, and Spotify will load normal. Just not WhatsApp. Hope this helps

renaudl
Casual Listener
I confirm !!!

raduzak
Casual Listener
It works. Kill other apps and Spotify will work.
Highlighted

came1
Casual Listener

Same issue here. Spotify loads very long and then displays the "The audio could not be started". Works fine after restart. I have a premium subscription. This issue has been there from the very first day I had my phone (Lumia 950). Will also switch to Deezer premium thanks to your recommendations.

garethfiler
The issue is down to the Windows 10 mobile application being installed onto a SD card. I moved the application from SD card to device storage and it works perfectly. Spotify team: Could one of your developers make sure this app does not end up on a SD card or fix the underlying issue.

deekaybee
Casual Listener

I have this issue on a Lumia 930 - only has internal memory, no SD card. So clearly isn't an issue with storage.  Just rubbish coding.

amahta
Casual Listener
I tried literally all options including deleting Spotify and switching to other services but since Spotify database is so huge I had to get back. Now I need to restart my phone every time I use Spotify. I have a fully updated 950XL and this is the biggest disappointment I have feflt with this phone model, of course thanks to Spotify.
SUGGESTED POSTS